Noob question about feminized seeds and hermies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Homegrowroller, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Just how careful of Hermes do I need to be using feminized seeds? I read somewhere that fem seeds and their clones are more prone to switch to hermaphrodites than straight up bag seed.

Also views opinions about Hermes and fem seeds would be great too

2. Never had a issue with that. Rather take the chance then waste my time with a male. Seeds are cheap as well.

3. Feminized seeds don't often have Hermans, but there always is that possibility of getting one. Some feminized seeds you have to be careful with, i.e. Dutch Passion(The strain not the seed distributor) feminized seeds. Not that they come with herms in them, it's just very easy to stress this plant into producing male flowers abundantly. I doubt it's a side effect of the colloidal silver from producing the seeds. More than likely the characteristic was missed when the seed company was still trying to perfect the breed, and went unnoticed because the plant was never exposed to more than low-stress situations. Let me remind you this is partial speculation and I'm just giving you some insight of personal experience :D