Noob question about bowls

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by coeurdepirate, May 23, 2012.

1. Hello! I'm a complete noob both here and when it comes to weed. I've been smoking it a few times a week most weeks for about half a year and I only smoke joints and homemade bongs. However, after reading all the stuff here about bowls, whatever they are, I sort of want to get one! I have no idea whatsoever what they are (as I said, noob!) but I'd really like to buy one. Could anybody explain to me briefly as to what they are and what's so great about them, also recommend a relatively cheap one that would be good for a first-time user?
    The only problem I have with getting one is that I'm a student and I live in an expensive country regarding everything, including weed. It's €50 for a 3.5g bag but usually they give you less than that. I'd only really be able to afford one bag every two weeks, and that's fine for me since I only smoke about 3 times a week and it doesn't take that much to get me stoned with joints. My only issue is, would a bowl get me as stoned as a joint would using the same amount of weed?
    Sorry if this is a bit rantish, smoked a spliff 2 hours ago with a friend. Thanks a lot for the help!

2. Bowls get you more bang for your buck, especially if you use small bowls that dont cherry and smoke away.

3. The word "bowl" is used for several weed-related things. I believe what you're referring to here is a glass spoon/pipe.

Some examples:
    http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/colored-and-fumed-spoon-6.html
    Colored and Fumed Spoon - Vaporizers - Grasscity.com

They come in a lot of different shapes/sizes/colors and can vary in price from $5 to even hundreds of dollars.

It's one of the most basic glass smoking pieces and a lot of people get one as their first piece. Some benefits would be that they're glass, which is definitely preferable to most homemade pieces or plastic pieces. They're pretty portable for a glass piece and some people find them more convenient than joints. Depending on the bongs you're used to, it also might give you a slower, more controlled high.

If there are no head shops in your area that carry them, there are many places online that have them. I'd look for a place that ships from somewhere near you to avoid steep shipping charges. GrassCity is located in the Netherlands, but their color-changing glass pipes ship from the US so it might be a little spendy for ya.

4. get a bong itll get you more stoned. i say a bowl does get you high with less weed than a j though and you dont waste any. a bowl im guessing you mean a spoon. ive only smoked out of my friends spoon.

5. Thanks everyone, you've been a great help!

6. If your lookin for a spoon, try your lhs, and if they don't have any, check etsy, that's where I got my 1st piece

7. I would say that a bong is the most effective, all day long; however, I love my little spoon bowl, for when I don't want to lug around a bong. Just put her in a zip-lock bag, shove her in my pocket, and get going. Still gets you messed up a lot more than a joint, in my opinion.

8. vaping, then bonging the vaped would be the most efficient way to keep your stash healthy. But I'd go with a bong over a pipe, and just use a slide that only holds one hit's worth of gonj. more concentrated hits, less weed.

9. a bowl is just a pipe lol