Noob question about ashcatchers

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by UpliftDrummer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Where do you put it? like this will sound nooby but how do you put it on your bong, because you need the pipe going in to the water, what do you do ? haha

2. I don't really understand what your asking so I'll just leave you with this... skip to 1:16

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex3kO7FBez0]Sovereignty Glass Stemline Upgrid v Downgrid w/ 2011 BC v SG Ash Catcher - Burtoni & El Hefe Collab - YouTube[/ame]

3. #3 OGmcgibblets, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    the pipe going in to the water = this is usually a downstem
    [​IMG]

the ash catcher male joint will go where the bowl/slide usually goes into the downstem. the a/c, like the downstem, will also have a female joint so you can now put the bowl there.
    [​IMG]

make sure you get the right size. it will be likely be 14 or 18mm joints

4. Oh!!! but my bowl is the down stem?

5. if you can't fit a downstem, without it an a/c wont work

6. Nah i dno about fitting one I just mean my bowl is attached to the down stem but i can take that out, would I need to get a downstem and an ashcatcher?

7. post a pic man

8. if what you're holding is the bowl and stem (1 piece), you'll need to go conventional downstem with slide. if the opening of the bong (female joint) is 18mm wide. then you'll need a 18/14 downstem. length not sure

9. That looks like a rubber grommet slide. Does that downstem fit into a little rubber thing?if so, then you cannot get a a/c. If you do not have a glass on glass connection then you cannot use a standard a/c.

10. Nah man, its glass on glass

Im guessing ill have to get a downstem and a/c?

11. i have a 14/14mm 45 degree ac and 14mm glass bowl im not using. (if you're interested)

12. You in the states man?

13. Ah im in the uk :/

14. If its gong then get a standard downstem, then a a/c could work. Lol that looks like the downstem on the cheap little bong I got at a bp I got my friend for his birthday haha. Good luck finding what you need.

15. When I looked at this thread yesterday my first thought was forget the a/c and get a better piece. :bongin:

16. Yeah man, this is a cheap piece till my next big paycheck ;)

It milks fine for a cheap bong