Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Noob Pothead in a religious home

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by YoungWildFree69, May 11, 2012.

1. I don't even get where half the people on here came to the conclusion that a lightbulb vaporizer is a bad idea?

DEFINITELY go with the vaporizer over the joint. That shouldn't even have to be said, the joint will leave a stank smell in the house for hours and tip off neighbors if you do it outside.

2. [quote name='"DrPhilosophy"']

Dude.... Gross.[/quote]

Why's that gross?

3. Because you are vaping fumes.

GL with that.

4. [quote name='"DrPhilosophy"']1) Get some stoner friends.
    2) Purchase the film The Union (the business of getting high)
    3) Watch it with your parents and say you heard about it on the news and was curious.
    4) Report back to GC headquarters[/quote]

If you show your parents the union they are going to deck you right in the face with that bible.

5. speaking from experience, your in for a few shitty years lol.

6. As someone who grew up in a family that was not Christian and lived in the Bible Belt for his entire childhood I honestly say you have very limited options if you do happen to live in the Bible Belt. This is one of the few times I would highly suggesting not telling your parents until you are COMPLETELY independent of them. If you live in under their roof please keep your toking tools and weed somewhere outside the house out of respect for them and for your sake.

I lost 2 good friends to the Bible Belt's religious fanaticism(one friendship ended because my friend told me as a nonChristian I should not date Christian women because it pulls them away from God) so tread carefully. If they ever do come around it is going to take awhile and though I like "The Union" your parents may reject the science. All I can say is be direct and don't lash out if they take it badly but stand your ground also. Good luck my friend!

7. [quote name='"Laith"'] Because you are vaping fumes.

GL with that.[/quote]

A light bulb vape looks like a damn meth pipe

8. Don't even be around your folks if you are high, they will pick up on it. Best bet is to sleepover with someone who isn't in a strict environment, get high there and don't go home until the next day. The smell on your clothes and hair is a sure giveaway...

9. definately get a case for your stash
    avoid the topic of bud around your parents at all costs
    only smoke outside away from your house or if one of your friends has a chill spot you could toke thatd be good
    never take any pieces/weed in the house

10. I used to have to wait until like 11pm and go outside to smoke when I was in high school, but religious freaks are the most stubborn people on the planet ans will not listen to reason...if they did they wouldn't follow religion, just have faith in God without all the brainwashing, and right vs wrong...

11. I don't see why everyone is so against him showing The Union, some people just truly do not know the facts and once they are presented professionally like in the movie they open their eyes (my parents).

In my original post I said that it was an awful idea, but if he really needed to go somewhere he knew was safe.

12. Get high outside. If you really want to make sure there's absolutely no smell indoors, then get a smoke buddy. My condolences to you for living in the Bible Belt dude, it's times like these where I'm actually glad to be from a super-liberal state like Massachusetts, even though there's a lot of bullshit that comes with it.

13. showing the union might not be the best idea in this case considering that his parents don't seem to be very open minded and if he shows them something promoting bud they will most likely start to suspect he smokes

14. smoke when your not and won't have to be around with your parents. best time would be if you left your house to hang out with friends, or if you went outside after your parents go to sleep. use rolling papers so there wont be any evidence that you smoked. use gum/spray/eye drops when your done. if anyone asks you if your high always blame it on allergies or lack of sleep never admit to it. and dont bring leftover bud with you if you have to talk to your parents so you won't smell

15. duuuuuuuuuuuuude its all good. just smoke weed religiously. i know it do:D

16. I've been smoking occasionally for about 4 years now and I've only been caught once but that was an judgement error on my part.. I got lazy and hid my stash in a shit place.

Either smoke at-school, when they're away during the weekend or at night when they're sleeping.. Avoid joints at all costs, they reeak! Pipes offer portability and they don't smell that bad.. just wash it every 10 sessions or so.. Baggie the fuck out of your stash, when I get really skunky stuff I have 6 baggies with two T-shirt layers.. The T-shirts are dipped in cologne. (shirt goes in baggie 3 and 5). Two awesome stah places are inside an electronic device (I used to hide my bud under the motherboard of my old alarm clock, you'll need a screwdriver but it's guaranteed) or hallow out some wood and put it there.. The 5th leg on my bed is hallowed out enough to hide 5 grams or so of cron in a baggie or three.

Visene is great, apply it either right before or after you smoke. When you toke either do it by a window and blow it out (smell take 5 minutes to completely leave your room afterwards) or go outside. Toke standing up and take of the top layer of shirt you have, that will reduce the smell..Eat and drink something ASAP to get rid of the smell on your breath. Washing your hands works too.. IF you're parents wake up and head towards your room pretend you're asleep if possible, most parents can spot it pretty easily.

Anyways I'm pretty baked and writing this took way longer than it should have but if I missed something feel free to add it people.. Shit, im surprised someone hasen't made a proper sticky for this yet..

17. Get a Koran and a prayer rug, grow a long fuzzy beard and tell your family you've converted to Islam. They'll be freaked over that; the reefer will become a secondary problem.

18. Haha I feel ya OP. I had the same type of problem back in the day. My parents attend church twice every Sunday and usually on Wed. I was scared as shit about getting caught when I first started. At first I'd just smoke at work, but I started getting brave and would either take a walk down the road or smoke in the attic after mom and dad had went to sleep. Needless to say, I eventually got caught. I got my ass whipped the first 10 times or so (at freakin 17), but after that they gave up and let me smoke so long as it stayed out of their sight (though not really directly stated, but implied). And now, I've been smokin everyday for about 2 years. The herb opens your mind in ways only psychedelics can compete with. Take a journey to the grassy forest my friend lol.

19. I too was in your situation. I come from a very Christian family and they do not like people who smoke marijuana. Growing up I got caught countless of times and I kept learning from my mistakes. By the time I turned 17 I guess being in to much shit because of marijuana It knocked some sense into me, Like alcohol if you can't drink responsibly I think you shouldn't drink at all. And my perspective for marijuana is the same. Make a mental checklist and make sure you have this whenever you are planning to smoke.

1st) eye drops are an essential need if you wanna smoke in stealth. I put eye drops before I smoke as its a personal preference and I think it works better with me ( I lie to you not when I say I have tried almost every eye drops and not one would work for me until I came across Clear Eyes with Extra redness relief ).

2nd) Try to invest in a pipe, it's also very stealthy as it does not keep smoke burning like a joint which reek.

3rd) spray or cologne. ( do not overuse)

4th) if you are going to smoke just take all these items with you and go for a walk in a park or anywhere were you can just sit and relax. If you can't go out just wait till your parents are sleeping and sit on your window sill or go outside.

5th) be smart about smoking. Just remember that it's a plant and not crack and you shouldn't be dying just to be able to smoke it. Trust me there is nothing more worse than losing your parents trust.

20. If you don't want to get caught you will need a few things:
    1.Eye Drops like Visine from any local pharmacy/supermarket.
    2.Get some of those mini axe/lynx bullet bodysprays or just a travel size bodyspray.
    3.Get some chewing gum for after your smoke, I also like to smoke a cigarette after a joint because it helps mask the smell and if you get caught smoking then at least it just appears to be that you smoked a cigarette.
    4.Hand Sanitizer gel from a pharmacy/supermarket to get the smell off of your hands and fingers.
    5.Get some odour eleminator spray like neutradol or oust or febreze.
    6.Have a smoking jacket/shirt that you wear specifically to smoke and take a different shirt with you, when your done smoking put your jacket/shirt in a bag after spraying them with the odour eleminator, then spray yourself lightly, then put your other shirt on and use some bodyspray.

I've never been caught yet! :p

I'd suggest smoking joints because that way theres less evidence, but a small pipe would be ok too, + i smoke loads of cigarettes so i like joints because its a tobacco mix.

Good Luck!