Noob need help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Exzyro, Oct 7, 2018.

1. So this is my first regular seed I’ve grown 3 autos before this. I’m trying to figure out when I should start flower I started the grow in August it’s in a 7-10 gallon pot I forget and I’m growing with a 900w mars hydro 2 led light. Any suggestions would be great! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Figure out the usefull footprint of your light and fill it before you flip mate.
    Can use the camera on your phone to see the blurple
    or to get it a bit more accurate you can download a light sensor app.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The specification for my like I believe is 3.5 feet x 3.5 feet so I should have my plant get that wide before flipping? I thought maybe early because it doubles in size when flipping to flower

4. Hmm... as a general rule yes they get a lot bigger. If your tying them down though as it looks like you are then it's mostly just vertical growth. Don't get much wider but get a lot taller.
    Probably best to leave a bit of space but I'm greedy and just get em as big as I can lol.

5. Gotcha, so I’m gonna try to fill out the whole bit of space thanks for the help!

6. Also another reason people leave a quarter is with the intention to tie them down again mid stretch. This multiplies the number of buds but makes them all a lot smaller. So if you want lots of smaller buds because your lights don't penetrate well then you'd leave the space. Sure your lights good enough for some nice fat colas though. It's better than mine anyway.

7. I hope! So another question my last harvests from the autos turned out great smoked good and all but for some reason had a grass smell to it unless it was squeezed? If you ever had this happen or have heard of it Where did I go wrong?! Lol

8. How long did you cure? When you harvest a plant, the marijuana smell goes away and start smelling like hay. But with proper cure the smell returns in couple of weeks. But two weeks is also not enough time for curing. Yes you can smoke it in two weeks after curing but the quality is not at its peak. If you want all the flavors in your bud, 30 day cure is essential. IMO good curing time is as important as other factors in growing.

Your girls are really looking good. Keep it up. Happy growing!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I agree with growNepal. It sounds like your smoke wasn't cured completely. Minimum drying time is like two weeks, but curing is like two months, and some extremists think six months is best. (If I ever get any weed and manage to leave it alone for six months, it'l! be a miracle! lol)

I've only done one harvest, which I consider 50% successful because one of the two strains got messed up/ended up smelling/tasting slightly of SM-90 ... not harmful, but major yuck. When I first dried it, it was disgusting. Then after it cured for a while it improved in flavor and aroma to the point where it's now merely not great tasting, and the aroma is okay, although nothing to write home about.

Curing fixes a lot. According to many cannabis growing gurus, curing is considered to be nearly as important on the final product as growing it!

I think I followed the advice I found here, but there's lots of guides out there and on youtube.

Your plant looks awesomely healthy, btw Good job!.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah just what the guys said there mate. Need to get your drying/curing process sussed. I'm not particularly good at it iether if it makes you feel any better lol.