Noob Lighting Question! Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by haunther, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Hey every one just germed some sprouts an have a nice box 14x14x8. Painted the walls white an have a mini fan ready to go now i just need some lights!!1
    All this ballist stuff confuse's me an ive been reading for 4 day maybe im dumb can some one hook me up with some info on cheep easy plug in lighting!! I really dont want to shortout the house eletric!:D

2. what's your budget...

3. Under 60 bucks

4. I would suggest purchasing a 105watt bulb 6500K from www.1000bulbs.com/category.php?category=2086 for vegging and get two 85 watt bulbs 3000K for flowering a little over 60 but well worth if your flowering 2-3 females if more you will need more bulbs

5. ok sure the bulbs sound good, but what do i get to hold the bulbs aka give them power!!! my main question LOL

6. same thing that bothered me but heres what you do go to any store selling extension cords(heard the dollar store carries them for yes a dollar) then make a trip to home depot and go to the worlkight section should be next to the gardening section then look for ceramic sockets should be a 1.50 a piece with no pull chain buy as many as you need FYI theres also Y adapters in that section that allows you to put two bulbs in one Next is the easy part cut each of the extension cords on the female end till you have to wires about an inch long then wire them to the silver and gold screws in the back and yourall set now little go and grow the best plants you can grow

7. go to walmart spend $18 for 2 packs of 3 CFLs, each Cfl is 23W 2700 Lumens, than purchase some warm bulbs at lowes or home depot, those are a bit more expensive, use your Cfls for the vegging, than for flowering use your Cfls again but put in the warm bulbs, this combination of both spectrums will get you a decent dense set of buds, also i don't recommend more than 5 bulbs per wall outlet and use some Y-sockets if you want to connect multiple bulbs together

8. What size is that box?? 14x14x8 feet is a good-sized bedroom. 14x14x8 inches is a couple of shoeboxes.

9. i have a few shoeboxes not a whole room i wish :mad: