noob in Indoor growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by proger, Dec 11, 2012.

1. #1 proger, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    hello all.

need some help.

first of all what is the best soil to start seeding with? Iv heard you need to mix it with Perlite, Humus, and more stuff that really dont know...

which plant (legal) is similar the weed?

what is the best way to know the PH?

thanks!

2. Most people use Fox Farm soil or Promix if you want a peat based high porosity mix. You can make your own if you want. Ph of the water used to feed the plants is measured before feeding and when you use nutrients you ph the runoff as well.

I know if you are going cheap Miracle gro soil works fine even though more seirous growers prefer a more specialized soil like the FFOF or Promix

3. Tomatoes are pretty similar to weed, my local hydro shop sold digital ph meters which I bought for around $100 which was a great purchase.
    I always used promix and mixed in some of my own perlite for better drainage. I used the fox farms nutrients as well

4. thanks guys.

what is fox farm soil?

and what are the best light power for every step in the grow?

i Mean how much W light bulb to use on the first 3 weeks for example

sorry for the English

5. as far as your best soil goes it depends what country your in, fox farm is only available in the US I believe, no one else uses it. here in the UK west+ is about the best. whatever you use add another 50% worth of perlite making it a 33% perlite and 66% soil.

yes, tomatoe's requirements are very similar to marijuana's requirements

whatever light you use for the final phase you may aswell use for all stages to keep it simple just hang it a bit further away. however if your prefer using a lower wattage lamp for veg while your flowering others I think a 125w or 250w CFL (6400k) works great. a 400w or 600w hps is great for flowering if you can accommodate it

6. how long it takes to the Seeds to Sprout???

how frequently do u need to water them in their first days?

7. mine usually take 3 days but anywhere between 2-10 really

it depends on many factors, just water when they need it

8. With the seed you just want to make sure you keep the soil moist, as soon as it starts to sprout do the same thing you don't want to overwater. You also might want to put a fan in the room with it to mimic wind which will cause the plant to grow a thicker stalk to strengthen itself

9. yeah I agree fans are extremely important. without moving air plants become suffocated very quickly and its metabolism will slow greatly

10. I mean how long in need to be until i cant see to first leafs?

11. How long has it been since the seed came through the soil? You should be able to see the first set of leaves developing opposite the cotyledon leaves

12. I like pro mix,perlight,black worm castings, and dolomite lime, it's a great mix, in my opinion better than fox farm

13. Yeah personally I also used promix and perlite, I only used lime after my runoff pH started getting a bit acidic, although dolomitic lime in small amounts is good because of the Ca and Mg it provides to the soil

14. No offense man, but do a bunch of research. Punch some questions into Google. Youtube has full length videos on growing and the various choices. You can wait for responses here, or be pro-active and find stuff out.

I watched/read probably over 20 hours of material before I popped my seeds, it really helps especially when it is your first time so you have concepts that you need to learn.

Get your learn on my man and use GC to help with problems as they come up :)

15. Yeah I did the same, I spent countless hours on this exact site researching things and figuring it out on my own before I even started my grow and did even more research during the grow itself. You learn way more this way and understand why you're doing certain things to fix the problems you're having. You'll be a much better grower if you do the research and figure it out on your own.

16. its has been 5 days since I have plated to seeds, still nothing!!!

17. Just be patient, they will come up, make sure the lights are on 24/0 cycle and keep the soil moist. If there was a taproot it will emerge it might just take a little while.

18. Also what's the temperature in the grow room? If it's too cold it won't come up

19. Put a sandwich bag or anything that will act as a humidity dome over the cup/pot to increase humidity... Wait a few days and when it sprouts remove the dome and start growing!

20. I second the humidity dome, had a brain fart that completely slipped my mind!