Noob here

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by illrolling, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ill make it quick. auto flower seeds. do i just keep them on 12/12 and theyll flower and ill be able to tell when they do. and non auto i get to veg for as long as i want but what light cycle is needed?

2. I believe you want those on 20/4, or you could use 18/6. Start them out on a MH light for the first couple of weeks, and then switch over to an HPS or flowering light after that. They should use a 18/6 cycle their whole lives and finish in about 65 days.

3. I think you have the wrong idea of Autoflowers. Autoflowering plants will flower without you doing a thing or without regard to your light. You can leave the lights on 24 hours a day for the whole grow.

As for being able to tell theres such a dramatic difference between non flowering plants and flowering its silly.

Autos and non autos are the same in all the wants and needs a plant has.

For non autos you must be in a 12/12 cycle for it to start to flower. The light must be maintained till the finish to keep it in flowering as well.

4. would 24 hour lights actually work and not kill the plant or are you just saying that I could if I wanted to?

5. #5 wrexican, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    most people grow auto strains on 18/6, 20/4 and 24/0 throughout its lifecycle. Which to choose from is your own personal preference really. Im sure some research should bring up the differences in light cycles for autos.

Personally, I would go 20/4 for my first proper grow.

6. 18/6, and 20/4 are used by the best. Go with one of those light schedules

7. He is saying that you can run your lights 24 hours a day if you want for their whole life cycle, or you can run it at 18/6 or 20/4. It depends on what you want to do. If you want to save a bit of electricity, then set it to 18/6 and they will grow just fine. They are pretty much advising you to pick either 18/6 or 20/4 though as a little bit of a rest for them each night is probably good.

8. Autoflowers are Ruderalis Hybrid plants. They for the most part evolved where there is not alot of darkness for many parts of the year to near none. Thats why they do not flower based on light cycles but based on age.

18/6, 20/4, 24/0 whatever suits your fancy. You can save some money on a 18/6 cycle but your yield will be less. Cannabis does not require a rest period contrary to popular belief.

9. cool thank you guys for all the good answers.