Noob help pls

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmcc2k11, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Hi guys been reading through the forums there is a wealth of information. Need some help, i have tried my best to read and come to my own decision but being new to this im so indecisive. My plants are 2 weeks old from seed and are under a 600w HPS room temp is about 78F. My ec reading is between .8 and 1. PH is about 6 i would say. I dont have digital ph meter. Strain is AK48 and im using a 45l nft with 5 plants

The problem is that a friend germinated these for me and when he gave them to me a day ago 2 of the plants have a little yellow at the end of the leaves. Anyone help on this? should i worry or will it sort its self out

Also what is optimum ph for hydro i cant seem to get a definitive answer on this some say 5.8 to 6.2 is fine ive also read others say 6 is to much

2. surely someone can put my mind at ease

3. There are different types & causes of yellowing. Pics would be needed for a diagnosis.

There are also different kinds of hydro. Some need a slightly different pH than others.

4. ill take some pics, and post them up. How do i know which kind of hydro i have so i can find out the best ph for it

5. If you describe your system, someone here will let you know what category it fits into.

6. It's happening to me too. I'm pretty sure its normal for the first set of true leaves to do that. Wait to see what the next set looks like.

7. is this not 45l nft with 24 hour pump

tryed to take some pics with my phone but as lights are on i couldnt do this

8. I'm not understanding this if it's an NFT why do you have a pump?

9. Wayz- A Nutrient Film Technique system usually uses a pump to move liquid from the reservoir & through the tube holding the plants.

jmcc- Sorry I didn't notice you saying the system type in the OP. You asked how you know what kind of hydro system you have, and you have an NFT system from what I hear. You'll want to check the Hydroponics sections of forums for info on ideal pH & tips on NFT growing. It should be 5.8-6 afaik.

10. Thanks for the clarification jellyman! I'm a NOOB too! Lolz