NooB Grower

Discussion in 'Outdoor Marijuana Growing' started by stookey, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Hey guys first time grower here and i have plenty of questions i need to be answers.

1.Ive read a few outdoor grow guides and i havnt read anything about germination.Is is nessecary to germinate for outdoor growing?

2.Iplan on growing in my backyard,(its a forrest) what kind of repelent should i use to make sure my plants arnt eaten by insects?

3.Watering- Ive always thought that weed needs constant watering(once per day)How many times should you actully be watering your plant per week?

4.Soil-I have 3 choices for soil
    -Growing Seeds in Pots and burying the pots in normal soil
    -Growing the seeds in the normal forest soil
    -Buying soil and mix it with the normal soil and plant in soil

5.How long does the complete grow last, and what are the stages called.

2. 1) yes, go to the search button at the top of the screen and type germination. there should be several threads on this somewhere here.

2)i like to go organic, neem oil works well for the veg stages of growth.

3)judge it on how it looks, if it is drooping it definately needs water, probably 2-3 times a week or so. if there is a good rain you may not even have to.

4)
    -Growing Seeds in Pots and burying the pots in normal soil
    -Buying soil and mix it with the normal soil and plant in soil

either of these would work well, if you diga big hole and mix up your purchased soil with a bit of compost and the regular soilyour plant has more potential to get really big
    if it is in a bucket, there is a limit to root space so the plant won't have as much potential but will still be good sized.

5)there is a veg stage and a flowering stage flowering is triggered by 12/12 light dark cycle so plants outdoors will harvest in fall the actual time of harvest will vary with strain.

3. Bud im not sure how you grow em but in 5 gal buckets i had to water once a week. If there in the ground, once every 3-4 weeks depending on drainage and rain. You could even put them in the grund and never water them, jast have mother nature take her course, but they will yield much more with proper care.

Read my organic plot sticky. Dont waste your time with the poting soil, its just peat, topsoil, and perlite.

Grasscity Deals Near You