Noob grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Boobicals69, Jun 20, 2018.

1. What's up everyone, noob grower out of Tenn here. Started my first plants about 10 days ago. Indoor Coco coir medium under LEDs. Any advice from you wise sages would be appreciated!

2. Welcome to the forum

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Welcome. I’m from TN as well. Let’s see your setup! I’m bout to do my second grow but my first in coco coir.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm actually still trying to figure out the insurance and outs if this forum I haven't figured out how to do pics from my phone. But ....I am using a 4x4 tent, 4" inline duct fan with carbon filter and a 450w full spec LED. I have an oscillating fan going indirectly right now. I also have a 1500w led but have not put it in yet, wasn't sure if it was to much as the plants are only 10 days old

5. Nice to see east side growers! Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you much!

7. Good thing you've got the extra light, for a 4x4 you'll need it. I grow in a 4x4 with two leds side by side and I could honestly just about use a third one.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to GC and good luck with your grow. :) What are the brands of your 450w and 1500w led's? What is your coco/perlite ratio? What nutes? What size pots?

• Like Like x 1
  9. The 450 us a viparspectra and the 1500 is a Vander, they were cheap and I hope to reinvest after my first crop. I don't really know alot about perlite but I am using loco coco alone currently it's still in it's first pot which I'm not really sure how bug it is. But I plan on repotting around week 2-3. I eventually will be using a 16" pot which I believe converts to 10gal. As far as nutes I will be using kind soil which claims to be able to be used without nutes and from what I can tell it gets good reviews. I want to eventually use nutes but as it's my first grow I'm trying to keep it simple.

10. The 450 us a viparspectra and the 1500 is a Vander, they were cheap and I hope to reinvest after my first crop. I don't really know alot about perlite but I am using loco coco alone currently it's still in it's first pot which I'm not really sure how bug it is. But I plan on repotting around week 2-3. I eventually will be using a 16" pot which I believe converts to 10gal. As far as nutes I will be using kind soil which claims to be able to be used without nutes and from what I can tell it gets good reviews. I want to eventually use nutes but as it's my first grow I'm trying to keep it simple.

11. Is there a specific time that you think I should switch out to the higher wattage or is it ok to put it under it at any time? I was thinking about using to lights myself but I was assuming I wouldn't want a 450 and a 1500, probably best to use 2 lights of equal wattage?