Noob grower seeking grow room advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lucidsage, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Hi guys I'm the Lucid Sage. Currently I am attempting to start a grow room in my back porch storage closet. Im thinking Mylar for the walls but I'm not sure where to go from there, I wasn't sure if LEDs or halite lights would be the better option. I also am not sure as far as ventilation goes? Could anyone give me any advice or maybe help me through this process?

• Like Like x 1
  2. hi. depending on the size and ventilation you probably want to go with hps or an led panel..
    How large is the area? What are your goals... do you want to have a veg area as well and do clones and have a mother plant also? I highly suggest starting with a clone if they're available to you, it will save you about a month or 2.

specific equipment depends on your skills and budget. Ventilation will depend on what ambient temps are and whether or not a/c is available. Basically plan on exhausting the air somewhere high, and having some sort of intake vent low to the ground, or from a cooler area.

I recommend flat white paint actually for the walls. It's clean, easy, and reflects nearly as well as mylar. It pretty much sterilizes the area as well..and kills any bugs it covers. In a 'back porch closet' I'd be careful of bugs and make sure to get it extra clean before starting.

3. Ventilation is important as well as other factors. Metal halides emit a lot of heat but are great for large grow ops. HPS is better for flower and they do require a superb ventilation system as they run hot. Leds are great if money is not an issue, watt for watt they are comparable to metal halide and HPS. Leds run much cooler. As bongsauce has mentioned, pests can be an issue in a back porch storage shed. Flat white is better in my opinion as it can reflect up to 85% of light back without causing too much heat issues. Mylar reflects up to 95% yet with that it retains heat more so again proper ventilation system is a definite must.

• Like Like x 1