noob grower needs help ((pics))

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PeterGriffen, May 19, 2010.

1. use your best judgement. im stuck growing indoors, i have no outside space.

2. they are LED xmas tree lights, i plan on putting them in threw the walls. while using my two CFLs on top. will that do any good?

3. hey man good for you, growing you own stash is always better than buying it, as everyone already said you definatly need more light, a 100 watt CFL that burns at 6500k should be more than enough to veg those plants, you will want a higher wattage, warmer burning light for flowering though, either a 2500k CFL or a smaller High Pressure Sodium. that may sound confusing but there just bulb ratings that can be found on the box. also as pointed out earlier you want to buy a timer and make certain they recive at least 18 hours of light every day of vegging. anyway, you really shouldnt soak them, especially when there small like that, it could lead to damping off, or other over watering problems, you want the soil moist not soggy, dont let it dry out but dont let it flood, make sure there is plenty of drainage. miracle grow will work to grow cannabis but, it really doesnt offer the full nutrients it needs for full productive flowering. you can order a good hydroponic nutrient online, like advanced hydroponics or Canna nutrients, plant in sterile soil with a ph of 7 that contains little or no nutrients and water with liquid nutrients. remember never add more nutrients than recommended, it will have a negative affect on your plants. if you have problems finding a soil ph tester go to wal-mart and pick up a ph tester for pools. adjust the ph of your nutrient solution (water+nutrients) to 7 before watering, you can find ph up and down at a pet store for fish aqariums. also check your water for dissolved salts, and too much clorine or florine to make sure your not poisioning them with your tap water. last major thing to fucus on is air, plants breath CO2 like you and i breath oxygen, if they dont get a constant supply of fresh air they dont grow properly and can die easily, put a fan lightly blowing on them to bring air from another area to the plants at their base.
    as far as the spots, it could be a number of things, the ph could be off and there is a calcium or magnesium nutrient deffiecentcy because of it. it could be a nutrient overdose it could be overwatering, though i doubt it, it could be pest infestation, small mites leave a residue that kills foilage in a small brown spot, i dont know those plants seem to be streatching a bit for light and will ultimatly be a little spindly, if they are more than a week old i suggest transplanting those outside and starting over in your grow box with fresh seeds, once a plant has been stunted it can take up to a month to recover and usually wont grow to its full potential. remember to keep it simple and listen to your plants. good luck with the grow i hope your first plants gives you pounds,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtOlWL1S8ro]YouTube - Cannabis Flower Room[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BAYyJGBajg]YouTube - Veg Room[/ame]