Noob Grower, I need advice (Long Read, PLEASE HELP)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tommy SAURUSR3X, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Hey GC Growers.

I've always been interested in the growing of the herb, So i thought id go ahead and try it for my self.

Well anyways, Im a super noob when it comes to this, And I've already read the "please read before posting" and the guides on indoor growing. But like i said im a noob and i didnt really understand them, I dont know maybe its just me.

So i thought id ask you guys for some help. Well I was looking at some seeds online to start with because i heard its worth it ( Please tell me if you have had good outcomes with bag seeds because that would save money) Anyways i was gonna buy some and plant these. I think i got the whole germinating part down. But not so sure where i go on from there?

I am planning on only growing one plant to start with In my bedroom. Now when i germinate the seed, Do I just put it in a big pot with some good soil and I can have however much light on it as it needs. I plan on getting a lamp just for my plant? So now the lighting question comes up,

Which then leads me to which type of bulb should i get?

Keep in mind im only trying to grow one plant for now (Idk if that changes things or not)

What materials should i have to start my plant child?

Please help me GC, I WANT AS GOOD LUCK AS SOME OF YOU GUYS HAD. Haha thanks for listening. er reading :wave:

2. it wasn't luck that grew most the plants you see on here :)

but anyways... first starting out just get a couple 100w CFL's in a Y-joint and grow bagseed... if you're going to spend money, save it for nutes and soil... for soil, Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 25% perlite is a staple for beginners... any old potting soil with 6.5-6.8 pH is fine for seedlings, cause the FFOF is too rich for them...

you also want to start about 4 seeds if you want 1 plant, cause odds are that gives you 2 females and you have your choice on the healthiest one... it'd suck to waste 6 months growing a male plant huh?

you'll want some form of nutes... I use the Earth Juice line... I can recommend the Fox Farms line... and there's a bunch of others, some great, some awful... so run anything off-brand you plan to use by the board first... hint: if it says miracle gro anywhere in the vicinity of the bottle it could be contaminated with death :p

a pH meter is definitely a good investment, cause if you have any problems and ask about them here, the first question you'll get back is "What's your pH?" pH can cause nute lockouts that are easily misdiagnosed without a pH reading.... so instead of adding ferts to make up for a lack of something, you may just be toxifying your plant... point being, get a pH meter (with all the solutions you need to operate it) if you get a pH meter, you'll need pH adjusters as well...

that takes care of bulbs, nutes, soil, and pH... all that's left is ventilation, which it will need... and if you don't fancy your house smelling like a big bag of weed, you might want carbon filters to keep that from happening...

it's an initial investment to grow good bud, but well worth it, and once you buy all the stuff if you're just growing one at a time, you'll have no investment for the next 10 plants... after your first grow feel free to order seeds, but it's a waste to experiment with good genetics on a first grow when (most likely) you're gonna fuck something up along the way...

good luck and let the learning commence...

3. 0) READ for hours!
    1) Sometimes bagseed can be bomb
    2) I wouldnt buy expensive seeds for your 1st try
    3) I would skip the germination part and plant the seed directly into the soil pointy side down and keep the soil moist, just spray it until its wet, dont poor water on it the seed will move.
    4) Unless your desk lamp is a 6500k cfl or flourecent I wouldnt use it.
    5) Goto any store and pic up 1 6500k cfl to start the plant with, although you will need 100w worth when the plant is bigger, so 4 26w cfls, and dont add the wattage by equivilant that doesnt matter, the actual wattage is what matters.
    6)6500k is for veg cycle, when you switch to flowering you want to replace those bulbs with 2700k.
    7) Dont buy miracle grow time release formula you will have lots of problems.
    8) Look into nutrients it seems you prob dont wanna spend the money on good ones and i cannot help you here cuz i only use the best from hydrostores
    9) This isnt about luck this is about knowledge and skill.
    10) Hope this has atleast given you a little direction, but once again READ for HOURS, I was really good at growing but I still spent hours reading tryin to pick up tricks, site has taught me a lot, I had no clue how to grow with cfls before, etc. good look.

4. Thanks guys but like i said im very verrryy new at this and i barely understood what you guys said well most of it anyways :confused:

This is what i was planning on doing (Help me add some things to this list or correct me if im wrong)

Ok well i would start off with some bag seed but there are never any in my dank bags and i do not want to grow shmids, You know lol

Well here are the steps i was going to take

1. Get the seed
    2. Plant the seed with some good soil in a big pot(Should i use small one when first planting or is this ok?)
    3. Get some type of lamp to give light to the plant, Now this is where i was stuck WTF ARE CFLs? Where can i get these?
    4. Now i just need to now how much light i need when first planted, and as it grows larger?

Im sorry guys i know i probably sound very impatient but keep in mind i need all the help i can get in great detail. And yes i plan on more research but i really need the basics in good detail. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

5. LOL google is a wonderful tool. CFL = Compact flourecent light you can find at any walmart homedepot lowes etc in the light section. You know the ones that are spirals that you put into a normal socket. You will be fine a larger pot but its easier to plant in a smaller and then transplant. I already answered your ? about how many lights will be needed later on it was number 5. Crap weed is crap weed because of how it is grown I can turn crap weed into dank by growing it right, now saying that dank seeds from overseas will be better but you can take a crap bag and make it 100x better. Last but not least these are silly questions that you could easily find by yourself in threads in absolute beginners or on google, you wont find many people willing to help on these little issues because its been asked 100times, troll a bit find your answers. Even if you planted tonite you would have plenty of time to find all your answers bro goodluck.