Noob grow.Is it a She?is She flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shortlist, Aug 20, 2009.

1. hi people,as you can probably tell this is my first grow so although i have been doing alot of research before and throughout my grow, i still feel pretty lost when it comes to actually figuring stuff out in terms of sexing and identifying important things.So im hoping you guys can clear a few things up for me once and for all.

Strain - Ak 48 autoflower

Age - 20days

canna terra soil mix - no ferts added - water ever 4 days

Here ?she? is at 20days old,hows she looking in terms of growth and overall health? As you can see one of the veyr lower leaves is very yellow and dying.is that okay?
    Im planning to start a very small dose of biobizz bloom with the next watering but am not 100% on it.Any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now the sexing issue.Heres a few pics and from what iv read i think iv found female organs but would like some clarification.here they are circled.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. nope not yet..( alittle advice) : you wont see the sex until you change your light cycle from 18hours light and 6 hours dark to 12 hours light 12 hours dark, but thats up to you.. if u wanta big plant then you can leave the light on 24/7 if u want, if your rushing the sex and budding proces go ahead and change your light cycle.

Also..when going into flowering you want to switch those bright 6500k daylights to 2700k soft white i use x4 26w 2700k and 1 6500k for my current plant.. she turned out to be a hemi because of my gf didnt switch the lights right away.. (she waited a good 2 hours).

Hope this helps..

3. WOW those ruderalias' look like lettuce! Definately not what cannabis should look like :eek:

I don't see any sexing yet, but click on the "sexing" link in my sig.

Peace

4. thanks for the tips.BTW ,i thought there is no need to change the light cycle as it is an autoflowering strain.its been on 18/6 from seed and was hoping to carry that on until harvest.

im not bothered about size,if anything i want it to be as small as possible but within reason in terms of yield( anything over 15g and il be happy),if i stuck her in 12/12 would she start to flower,my guess is not until shes old enough as autoflowers are about age not light cycle.or a i completley wrong??

5. #6 mills69, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
    nope your right mate, the flowering dont have anything to do with lighting times, but i have been reading more & more on people growing auto's but they're not auto flowering (not saying urs wont) all they seem to be able to do is try it on 12/12 & that worked for some people tho it kinda defeats the point of "autoflowering" lol, where did you order get the seeds from?

ps i think i read its got something to do with breeders in a rush 2 produce seeds & their not being so througher in checking the autoflower trait as been passed on (if any of that makes sence lol)

6. Heres where i got my seeds,all original breeders packaging and stuff. Sagarmatha Seeds - AK - 48

I think i should just wait it out another week or so and see how she progresses.i had to transplant her twice in two days this week as her roots outgrew one pot in a day so i think shes just getting over all the stress and should start showing growth again by next week

7. i do not believe for secound that not changing your spectrum of light when you want to flower will cause a hermi at all thats just misinfomation i've fucked with my spectrums plenty and have never had a hermie

i run a cross between the red and blue spectrum because under gods grow light
    your aways gett'n a cross of the two. granted in late summer theres more red than blue but theres aways some blue in there just like in spring theres some red just not as much

i use an hps mixed with cfls from both ends of the spectrum works wonders for me
    i'm try'n to recreate nature to the best of my ability thats what indoor gardners strive for.

8. That looks like suntin thgat wud be about 100% indica...Werrrrrrd.

9. You can't tell the sex of your plant yet. Like coppermike said, you won't notice the change in your plant until as early as a week into flowering (which is either induced by the change in your light cycles, or sometimes you can get autolfowering plants in which case you should see signs in 6-8 weeks. You'll see little white hairs (pistols) coming out of the nodes. You will know she is a female.

10. Hey, that string is starting to cut into the stalk. My suggestion would be to unbend a paperclip so it has two hooks, tie the string to one hook and loop the other one around the plant.