Noob Grow Box Design

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by budc86, Sep 14, 2007.

1. <HR style="COLOR: #ecfcb2" SIZE=1> Just want to know what some more experienced growers think of my set up so here goes:

I'm planning on building a box that would roughly be 18"wX20"L"x49"H. My main question is would this be enough space for a single plant??? Minus the 7 inches for my lighting this would leave roughly 42 inches of space for the plant to grow. I'm awar that with the pot it would even be a little smaller than that. Would this be possible with some LST?? Just want to get some advice/input before I go building stuff. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Very doable. That is essentially the same height and half the footprint of my cab.

You could do 2 nice plants in there. Use kitty litter bins for pots, they are tall and narrow and provide a lot of root volume, plus their rectangular shape lets them fit nicely and use all the space well. Drill holes in the bottom for drainage. LST will work very well, just drill smaller holes all around the edge of the kitty litter bins to provide ready-made LST anchor points.

A 150w or 250w HPS with MH conversion bulb, line it with mylar or paint flat bright white, set up some light-trapped ventilation and you will be ready to go.

3. That sounds like a great size/shape for a cabinet. Good find!