Noob friendly guides for rolling?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by fuqthis, Feb 19, 2017.

1. So I'm trying to roll my first joint after only having been using a glass pipe. But I can't do it.
    I'm having two major problems with rolling.

1. My weed is too loose. I'm trying to roll it, however its rather awkward trying to push it ino shape which doesn't work and it's too loose, especially at the top.

2. The fucking paper won't stick. I'm using elements paper which I bought and even when licking it, it won't fucking stick.

Can I get any advice on these? I've looked through several guides, but all they say is to keep practicing and rolling. Bullshit. And no matter where else I look for advice on this, there's smug pricks saying that you just suck at it or should keep rolling.
    Are there any really noob friendly guides on this? More detailed than step by step?

2. YouTube...and practice makes perfect. Only way to learn how to roll, is to roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lol.. I need a guide to have enough money to buy more weed... rolling should be the least of your concerns.

4. What great advice. Why are you even replying?

5. I did try youtube guides as well, but those don't help me either.

6. Nah I just find it funny that new smokers always have a ton of money to blow on weed for some reason.. They'll bring $40 and smoke all their friends out...

7. Get a job then.

8. I get paid monthly

9. Get a cigg roller from a cigg shop.
    Problem solved.

• Like Like x 4
  10. #10 dorus, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    hi, i do not know how to roll either but i use an easy trick.
    Take a regular circular pen and a rolling paper.
    place the pen on the paper on a table or hard surface, lick the rolling paper glue, then roll the pen. it will make a joint shape. dont remove the pen yet , just leave a space at the top and place a filter and remove the pen.

Then with your hands add the weed in it and push the weed a little at times to make it more compact.

i know this isnt the real way of rolling but this works

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'll try to assist you to the best of my abilities.

First; make sure your filter isn't too big, but at the same time, make sure it maintains a form and doesn't unroll on its own.

Once you have your filter get your rolling paper and hold it between your index finger and your thumb along the crease and flatten it out.

Then, put it in your left hand if you're a righty or your right hand if you are Lefty and use your dominant hand to put the desired amount of herb in the paper with space left for a filter on the opposite side.

Once you have a small hill of herb in your rolling paper push it around with your finger and get it to a rough shape of how it's going to be rolled.

Now, put your filter in and grab all four corners with both your thumbs and fingers and start rolling it up and down to sort of fold the weed in on itself and give it a tight shape.

Now, try to roll the paper as far down along side the filter as you can as to tuck the unglued side between the filter and the paper itself like a scroll.

Finally, run your finger gently along with the rest of the paper towards the end of your joint. Tucking all of the paper in on itself. Now roll it up and only give a small portion of the joint of a lick and glue it up. Make sure not to lick too much because if you do you'll get your joint wet and ruin it.

After you have your role that should be good enough to smoke but if you want a really good joint you have to pack your weed inside, the way you'll do that is you tap the filter on a table or your rolling tray and poking the other end and try to get the weed packed in.

Again, practice makes perfect keep doing it and you'll get better buy an ounce and just roll it all out by the end you'll probably pretty good.

happy rolling

• Like Like x 2
  12. When i started i found it easiest to make a pocket with the paper, fill it and roll it. Now i just overfill it and let the extra fall out the sides. Rolling the paper diagonal makes rolling a cone shape easier.
    Main thing is to just slide the paper back and forth on itself and allow the pot to ball up on its own. Once you get the flip down to seal it its easy. On papers that dont stick well lick the outside seam after.

13. Buy a roller. They are fast and practical. If you want to show off your rolling skills, then by a picture frame. I roll my joints to be smoked. Good luck bro.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I think you should practice with blunts first. In my opinion they're easier to roll. Blunts may be difficult for you to seal, but it's much easier rolling a blunt that a joint. Just make sure you get the paper wet to seal and don't be afraid to hold it down for a few to help it stick close.

15. The easiest way to learn to roll is with tobacco. It's cheaper and it is just an easier medium to work with. Don't start with a crutch (filter) as you can add these after you've learned the basics of rolling a straight doobie.
    1) put a small amount of tobacco into the paper.
    2) even the tobacco out with your index finger
    3) fold the paper over the tobacco
    4) compress the tobacco while rolling it into a cylinder shape trying to keep it even.
    5) when you have achieved a satisfactory shape and density, roll the paper back to just the edge of the tobacco and using your fingertips tuck the paper in and complete the roll
    6) lightly lick the gummed edge and finish the roll
    7) for cone shape, start at one end and work your way toward the other end while doing step 5.
    8) for a straight shape, start at the middle and work your way toward the ends with both hand simultaneously while doing step 5
    9) take all that nasty poisonous tobacco and toss it in the trash after you have learned how to roll.

The person that said to start with blunts should not recommend a poisonous option. Blunt papers are made from tobacco and therefore poison. Nicotine is an addictive substance. Nicotine is a major cause of cancer and heart disease. Nicotine is one of the most potent poisons known to man.

https://beta-static.fishersci.com/c...ocuments/sds/chemicals/chemicals-n/S25446.pdf
    This is an MSDS sheet for nicotine. I would like all blunt smokers to read up.

16. I'm tempted to try talk you through the process of rolling a joint but I can't see it helping you much as it is really something that comes with practice ..
    My advice would be keep practicing , use tobacco to practice :)
    Until then you can buy pre-rolled joint cones that you just push the weed in from top .
    Or
    You can buy a rolling mat that will make life easier for you when rolling your own :)

(If you google "rolling mat" for an idea of what it is , you may have something lying around that would work .

17. Just like everything worthwhile in life it takes practice. Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for but that's just the way it is. Very few difficult things come to us easily. Just keep trying and you'll figure it out just like the rest of us. If you are not willing to put in the time and energy it takes to learn to roll a good joint, then get a rolling machine or stick with the pipe.

This reminds me of the time I spent as a driving instructor. I'd pick up a student for a lesson and they would complain that they weren't getting any better at driving. I'd ask them if they practiced. Always got the same answer "No, but all of my friends know how to drive and they never practiced". I would tell them "Either they're lying about not practicing or lying about being a good driver".

• Like Like x 1
  18. I agree. I was simply saying it's easier to learn to roll with a blunt than a joint paper. You'll get the gist easier. Imo it's harder to handle a joint paper and requires more delicacy and hand finessing. Blunts are almost impossible to mess up. Sealing is the hardest part.

There are also blunt papers that aren't made from tobacco leaf

19. It's true that if you start with bigger materials it's easier to get things lined up and working true.

What I'm saying is that we as a culture need to stop our dependency on big tobacco and recognize it as a poison. We must, world wide, stop promoting it's consumption and therefore it's addiction in any form.

20. Practice makes perfect.

A joint roller is a really good investment, it's cheap and it can roll you up a joint quick!

\ /