Noob 101: How long should I hold the smoke in?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RatedRKO16, Aug 11, 2015.

1. #1 RatedRKO16, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
    After I take the hit, inhale/swallow, should I hold for any length in time? I tried looking and there seems to be a lot of differing opinions. I've seen everything from "no need to hold" to "hold it as long as you can".

Is there a point that it basically provides no benefits? Say like "after 3 seconds virtually all thc is absorbed" or something like that?

Currently I've been holding in for about 6 to 9 seconds as I count in my head. Is that too long?

2. I follow some tips that help me out a lot when I smoke. :)
    When you hit anything that's oil based, say like dabs, try to hold it in as long as you can. That's what I try to do but it's hard, sometimes when you hold it in, it gets absorbed a lot so there really isn't that much smoke to come out when you exhale.
    When you're smoking out of a pipe or blunt, Its best to only hold it in for only about 3 seconds to 5 second at most, unless you're playing Chicago.

Hoped this helped a bit. - ctr0n

3. Most of the THC will be absorbed into your bloodstream in about 3 seconds

4. I prefer to vape these days, but I never think about it really... Just inhale.. exhale, repeat. Then you don't have worry about what others think, as long as it works for you dude. Peace!

-GK

5. No rules man, just enjoy your bud. I did however start just breaking off chunks and stuffing them in my pipe instead of grinding before. Keeps the tri's intact instead of crushing them!

6. Till the air you exhale is smokeless!!!!

7. Till yu about to float away

8. Hold it in until you pass out. That way, if the weed is bunk you'll still get a good head rush.

9. #10 RatedRKO16, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
    Please tell me you're not serious...

I just started doing the same 2 weeks ago!

10. 2 mississippi's lol

11. holding my breath would ruin my enjoyment. That's stoner thinking right there lol, just relax and smoke how you want to, don't make it a means to get to a destination, enjoy the ride

12. depriving your brain of oxygen on a regular basis is not going to do you any favours