Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nonuniform oil affecting potency?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Letmesee, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Made oil using BadKats instructions using a bit of qwiso (sticky) and bubble (hard) hash. I tried to get it as fine as possible but I still had small pepper sized flakes that wouldn't mix with the oil. Is this going to affect potency? Is one edible going to be stronger than another because the oil doesn't have a uniform consistency? These are low dose for infrequent smokers that have never had edibles so I'm afraid it will make a big difference. :(

2. Thoe flakes may be hash that hasn't disolved and binded to the oil. Or just empty resin glads.

If your worried about getting to strong a dose, just take small amounts and wait a couple hours to see how strong that dose was, and adjust it for next time.

3. Hm, okay. Would there be an easy way to get them to mix in before I cook with it? My last resort would be trying a food processor because I'm afraid of changing the consistency and/or losing a significant amount of the little oil I have to the mixer. I could try with a spoon or something again.. Idk..