None of you are real, you're all just part of my imagination.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Agalloch, May 20, 2009.

1. How do we explain my ego?

I mean, you're not the one living with it, so you don't even know.

2. [​IMG]

:D

3. And ya'll are just a fig-newton of MY imagination:D

4. The things we represent to you are imaginary. Most of us I'm sure are real people with delusions of our own.

5. I could be real or I could be a figment of your imagination.

You choose.

:smoke:

6. Might have been asked already but long thread, yeah

So where did you come from?

7. I come from the exact stuff that makes up your toenail.

:smoke:

8. you smell funny then

9. As all toenails do...

:D

10. if someone comes into the room and rapes you was that a part of your imagination?

11. you just got me thinking some really trippy shit hahaha

12. I think if you want to achieve enlightenment, seemingly the buddhist concept of enlightenment, you must accept that your experience of reality is onlly from your perspective, and thus not think in terms of "your" as if we're figments of "your" imagination.

13. You are not wrong!

In fact, I'm an NPC programmed to confirm your video game theory. Now that I told you, I don't have any other purpose. I'll shortly be deleted to save memory space.
    But wait! The designer of the game has a message for you: "To advance to level two you must first quit pot"(I, the messenger, am deeply sorry, but you want to win the game don't you? )

PS: Type "more money" without quotes for infinite ammounts of money.

Hope I helped.

14. who are you?

15. We are... The Matrix.

16. Yea this isn't very likely, it's a pretty egotistical thing to believe in a way, or just plain silly...

but it could be true, for all I know right now I am passed out about to die and I am reliving my entire life, just like a dream, only to die in the dream, and consequently, in my actual life

17. And then you woke up...

18. Well, how could I be part of your imagination, if your imagination doesn't exist? Wouldn't that mean none of us exist?

19. You're a part of my imagination:cool: