Non-vaccinated, natural lifestyle. Anybody else?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by wolf8, Jul 23, 2012.

1. It's not at all ridiculous and it makes perfect sense. Firstly, vaccines do in fact work but not at 100% efficiency, so while the majority of those vaccinated will be protected a few will still be susceptible to infection along with the non-vaccinated. Secondly, why should it be acceptable for non-vaccinated children to get sick at all? Most of the diseases vaccinated against can be fatal so you're advocating risking children's lives and yet claim vaccines are the real danger.

The risk of infection to those for whom the vaccine was not effective and those not vaccinated can be mitigated by herd immunity which is explained in the quote below.
    Here is clear evidence that not vaccinating children does without question harm those who are not yet vaccinated, babies in particular.
    Ok one last quotaion just to show how useful vaccines are for the safety of our children.
    Are you still willing to argue that vaccines are the real problem here?

2. ^ damn right.

3. If you don't get vaccinated, you're an idiot and you're fucking other people over as well as yourself.

4. Oh boo hoo, if a person doesn't want something in their body that's up to them, if your already vaccinated why worry.

5. Because if you'd read even just the other posts on this page, you'd know that there are some people that vaccines do not work for, others who can't get certain vaccines due to age or medical factors.

The reason those people are mostly safe now is because most people get vaccinated, so there is a lower chance of them coming into contact with an illness that they're susceptible to.

The more people decide not to get vaccinated, the more that system breaks down and we start putting people at serious risk.

6. In 2010, 139,300 people died from measles.

Before the measles vaccine, it resulted in over 2 million deaths a year.

So forgive me if I think that maybe a couple of kids ending up deaf is slightly less of a problem than a couple million people ending up dead. :p

7. ^^^ Logic, reason, sense.

8. Seeing as neither you or I can verify how many people died from anything , that post says nothing to me, but first hand experience and that of many others with vaccines tells me enough for me to keep my stance on the matter, now lets get something straight if I didn't before, my concern isnt for the adults that can make their own choice, my concern is, does a newborn, infant or toddler need such staggering amounts of shots before they even reach the age of 1, and are they doing more harm to the development of that child than good.
    Yes I know your gonna tell me there have been many kids without adverse reactions yada yada, but are we really gonna hear about ALL the cases of ridiculous vaccination gone wrong.

And I'm sure you wouldn't be singing that, for the good of the herd song if it were your child that became deaf.

9. To your question of whether a child of under 1 needs all these vaccines, yes, they do.

They do because babies can die from things like measels, rubella, etc. much more easily than an adult. If it weren't for vaccinations a lot of kids wouldn't reach an age where they could make their own informed choice.

10. [quote name='"JuanRing"']

To your question of whether a child of under 1 needs all these vaccines, yes, they do.

They do because babies can die from things like measels, rubella, etc. much more easily than an adult. If it weren't for vaccinations a lot of kids wouldn't reach an age where they could make their own informed choice.[/quote]

1 vaccine is one thing, but a myriad of different concoctions is another,

my gosh ,from all the vaccines, to the processed foods, to the environment ...its no wonder we can't even fight off the common cold without running to the drug store for a quick fix.

A rude awakening indeed.

11. I'd rather my kid have a myriad of vaccinations than a myriad of dead.

Would you rather we stop giving MMR vaccines and let 2+ million people die? Does that sound like a better alternative to you?

The MMR vaccine is given to children between 12-15 months anyway. That means children under a year old are at risk. They're currently pretty safe because most people get vaccinated, but if more people decide not to vaccinate, the risk increases.

How would you feel if you didn't get your kid vaccinated and ended up killing someones baby?

12. #373 Carl Weathers, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    So a now defunct strain of the vaccine had a 0.00019% chance of causing deafness. Oh no.
    And badboy287, here is a good example of the media jumping on a sensational story (since you were perturbed by the other case of them reporting on no benefits of organic food), I'm seeing headlines with "Medical Negligence", "MMR Vaccine Causes Deafness", etc. over a small issue that happened twenty years ago.

13. Yeah, you know what else causes deafness?

Dying from measles. :poke:

14. And not just in one ear either :p

15. I think theres 2 points here...measles in the US in fairly harmless, 100 total cases in a year would b remarkable and with a death rate far below 1% we do pretty well treating the disease "in this current day". However in lesser developd countries were it can spread throughout a village/town w poor medical facilities where a fever may b a fatal occurance you can see sudden severe outbreaks. I would argue many of the diseases dont have high mortality, its that the morbidity is ridiculously high.

A once fav saying "first world problems" while weve effectively eliminated some diseases, weve also spawned mrsa, multiresistant tb n neisseria, massive cdif outbreaks, potential shift in whooping cough.
    And again id just watch the snowball arguments, i just dont see it coming...i still here all too often of drs bowing to patients and giving someone their demanded antibiotics so they can get over their cold even knowin that antibiotic aint helpin that viral cold.
    And as a future dr this overprescribing is worrisome to me as it sends the wrong idea of howto live healthy. Again im not against vaccines as a whole, and i never see us reaching a point where we lose herd immunity. But the fact is we live in a global society, and we cant really control who we come in contact with in public, likewise most ppl hate gettng sick so when i offer a cpl shots to ward off some really contagious diseases its no surprise that almost everybody stands in line

16. Dude get vaccinated ASAP , befOre you catch something, you never know wat can happen, life can throw curveballs at you, and in life unexpected things happen sometimes, and it is important to understand that

17. Yeah, but what if the Government is putting heavy metals in the vaccines to make our children retards???

:laughing: :laughing:

18. well id rather be retarded then die of tetanus!!!

19. I have mixed feelings about vaccines. They're very good in theory, but there's no doubt in my mind they can cause side effects, especially in children. It's a foreign substance in the body, there's plenty of potential for it to be harmful. But, depending on the vaccine, it may be more harmful not to. So yeah, mixed feelings.

I had stayed away from vaccines since I was a child up until a few years ago. My spleen and I parted ways so my immune system isn't in tip top shape, and since I work around sick people all day, I'll take pretty much any protection I can get.