Non-sweaty people at the gym - wtf?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by smokeandmirrors, Sep 28, 2008.

1. When I hit the gym I hit it pretty hard - I go every day except Saturday and Monday and do 30 mins of weights followed by 60 mins of cardio - I do 3 sets of 20 mins, made up of rowing, skipping and running - I mix it up because I get really bored hitting one machine for an hour - plus I get neck ache

By the time i'm done i'm wringing wet - during my cardio sweat drips off me

but the amount of people who walk in, do 10 mins on the bike or eliptical, and then go home without so much as breaking a sweat amazes me - whats the point of paying all that money

the other thing that makes me laugh is it's these same people who spend more time getting water, setting up the machine, arranging the fans around them than actually exercising - wtf!

does anyone else want to make these people work harder or am I just mental :confused:

2. yeah that doesn't make sense for people to stay there for that short a time. if you're trying to loose weight then you need to have an intense workout of atleast 20 min. if you're going in for ten min then that IS a waste of money because you might as well walk around your house a few times. they probably feel accomplished just bringing themselves to the gym, and then don't try to hard.

silly people.

3. yes - silly people!

it takes at least 10 mins to get your heart rate up - I just want to shake them a bit :devious:

4. do it. it'll probably get their heart rate faster.

5. you workout how you want to work out, and they'll work out how they want to work out. who are you to tell them how to work out? hu? hu? yea, thats what i thought. lol:p
    on the real though, worry about your routine n leave, who cares what the fuck other people do?

6. lol - I wouldn't dream of going up to someone and telling them what to do - I've had these people come up to me and ask for advice - but i'd never impose my will on someone

it just really annoys the hell out of me :D

7. maybe their just getting warmed up on the bike before heading into the free weight room??

8. nope - the cardio room overlooks the entrance - I watch them walk in and out :wave:

9. My gym usually doesn't have that problem, as most people that I see on the cardio machines (treadmill, elliptical, staircase, etc.) are on there for at least half an hour and do some form of strength training afterwords, whether it be flexibility with bands or muscle gain with free weights.

I've seen it happen at the more expensive gym that I was a part of for about a month, though! Ironically enough, the center that I'm at now only charges ten bucks per month and I haven't seen any of the regulars wasting any effort with the time they have.