Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Non smokers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by everybodysmokestheganja, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I never understood why people who do not use mm at all put us down for choosing to use it if u dont like it thats ur opinion nobody is trying to force u to use it its everyone's own choice

2. I agree. But some people think that if you smoke, you're lazy or stupid. So that's why people hate.

3. There are plenty of those that (unfortunately) gave them that idea.

I have some old friends that are pretty worthless because weed is the central point in their life and they let it rule them.

Then they complain about how life sucks, no money, no opportunities.  Jeesh.

It gets old.

4. Once people have made up their mind its pretty much over, almost nothing sways peoples' opinions. People are so biased its not worth fighting

5. Exactly. It's their opinion. As a point of comparison, they could easily say I don't know why those stoners think that Cannabis is okay. It's just their opinion. You don't understand why they feel the way they do, just as they don't understand why you feel the way you do. It's hard to change beliefs. In summation... Fuck 'em! 

6. It all comes down to stereotypes and people who don't like to think for themselves.

7. If you don't like the stereotypes, then don't fall into the stereotype and you're fine. End of story

8. Ive found the typical stereotypes to be true. Those being, lazy, beard (because of being lazy..), skinny. I was neither of these 3 before weed but now im all 3. Thats why now i only vape until after my workout everyday. Now im getting jacked again :)

9. I'm much different than the stereotype. I'm a skinny, obviously not bearded, girl. I'm a bit lazy, but not always. Got really good grades in hs. 4.0 gpa in my senior year along with many AP classes. My best friend kinda does though. He's a tall skater guy who always wears beanies and listens to pop punk on the daily.

10. We still live in a world of ignorance and prejudice, and like the song says: Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses. Many people today are still naive, and believe that if you use cannabis you will become a parasite, which we know that is not entirely true for the most part, just like the ones who drink alcohol aren't a mess all the time.

11. #11 wafdof, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015

I agree, I was hooked on pot to the point that I was going to end up without anything so I gave it up 30+ years ago.  I am about to retire in 2 months at the age of 50 and I will be smoking the doob on a regular basis.  It's all about life's choices.   The dumb dumbs that look unhireable and complain about it just make me laugh.  They hurt the rest of us that are not blazed 24/7 because this is what people see associated with pot use, the over users, the ones that this is their entire life.  It is like asking for the worst drunk to be your spokesperson.  It is killing us and it is unrealistic of the typical user but it what people associate with ANY pot use.   It is clear that most pot users look just like you or me, white, black, fat, skinny, old or young (Aka normal people) but the anti-pot groups only have the D-bag dude with ratty hair and beards, gauges and hemp hoodie on their propaganda and IT SELLS, matter of fact it sells very well.

[​IMG]

As for people putting MM users down, there will always be people that won't listen to reason.  Many laughably will talk down MJ and go home to drink themselves into a stupor or pop "Legal RX" pills as if that is somehow ok but pot isn't.  I have been to many recreational shops in Colorado, at first I was surprised at who was going into those stores.  they could have been walking into a Starbucks, it was a slice of everybody.  A vast majority were normal typical people just like me.

I say I was "Hooked" on pot and on more reflection i would say i handled pot irresponsibly just like I did with alcohol when I was young.  Now that I am older I rarely drink and I plan on using pot but I seriously doubt it will consume all my time and most certainly not all my money like it did when I was 15.  If you do anything that all your time and money revolves around it then you have a problem. I figured out that at the age of 15 and never looked back.  Now that I have a good job with a pension that requires a random drug test I am glad I made those choices.

May 18th I will get off work for the last time, sit by the fire in my back yard and light one up for the first time in 35 years.

12. wafdof I see what your saying and I agree all things in moderation

13. Enjoy it!

I learned long ago that a little sacrifice of immediate pleasure would result in a much better life....and it did.

Now, it is that much better and I didn't miss a thing!

14. The problem is that %70 of people are stupid. Unfortunately there's no cure for stupidity.

15. If it wasnt for reefer madness and all the hippocrits that actually believe that dumb shit then herb would be legal. I feel that alcohol should be illegal wayyyy before bud. You can drive while high, and bud doesnt mess you up near as much as alcohol, and thats not even to mention how many deaths alcohol has caused over the years by the users getting alcohol poisoning or just drunk drivers killing themselves or an innocent family. Some people even want to cause trouble and start fights when they are drunk. Weed has caused 0 deaths in thousands of years and i dont know anyone that wants to beat the shit out of someone when they are high. Sorry to kind of "rant" but i am sick of people looking down on stoners and then drinking themselves silly and start talking more shit about stoners. I will smoke weed till the day that i die and for anyone that dont like that needs to mind their own damn business.

16. I agree with you on most points except the zero deaths thing.  Especially lately with the newer and strong stuff people are hallucinating and doing stupid stuff.  You are still impaired while high and that has definitely caused accidents resulting in death.  That being said, the smoking and driving issue is nowhere as bad as the drinking and driving.  For what it matters those with addictive personalities would probably be hooked on something getting themselves and/or others killed either way.  It has more to do with stupid people than any drugs that they are using.  

Morons letting their children get into their stash and edibles.....yeah that hurts our cause for sure.  Again, those are the same parents calling poison control for all sorts of poisonings because they are just stupid irresponsible parents.  When we bought gummies in Colorado we told our daughter (16) hey those are not for you, look at the bag before you eat anything like that here.  We kept them in the dispensary bag away from our treats in my wife's purse, which was put up in the safe when we got in the room.  We trust her, we just didn't want her to get sick.  The idiots that leave them sitting on the table for toddlers to eat....well that is beyond me.