Non-profit selling?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Namynam, Jul 3, 2004.

1. If weed was completley legal, and you could grow as much as you wanted, do you think it would be fair to only allow people who grow to sell their harvest if theyre not making a profit? Like, instead of growing then selling for profit like people do now, you grow and then if you want to sell to your friends or whoever, but just so they dont have to grow themselves but can still smoke. Anyone understand what the fuck im talking about lol. Im stoned so bare with me.

If you understand what i am talking about, tell me if you thinkthat would be a fair comprimise for legalization/decriminialization

2. That makes sense but if it were legal it would be hard to determine profit and nonprofit. If they went by previous street prices then I can understand but how do you determine the profit of a few seeds and the materials used? Everybody spends a different amount of money to grow their weed.

I forget what state it is but one of the states has a "gift" law. If you sell it's still a crime but if you give a small amount to a friend and call it a gift you only get a ticket. It's something like 5 grams or less. I really wish I could remember what state it was...Oregon maybe? I'm not sure.

3. A gift, huh? Well how about if I give my friend a 'gift' of weed, and he gives me a 'gift' of cash in return?

4. lol, I don't think that applies. Ok I found it, it is in Oregon. Any sale of Marijuana can result in up to 10 years in prison and $200,000 in fines. However, delivery of less than five grams, for no remuneration, is punishable by a fine of $500 - $1,000.

That was taken from Norml's website. Oregon is decriminalized to a certain extent for personal use but they are very tough selling it. Giving a "gift" doesn't necessary fall under the category of selling, which is why it is punishable by fine rather than jailtime.

5. I read it twice. One of us must be really stoned.

6. if it were leg/decrim... everybody jsut grow their own?... :)...

7. man if your growing why would you be selling to your friends?!... ..why not just share... ? :p... roll up a fat spliff and pass it around to celebrate freedom!.....

8. no government would legalize it just for that.. governments want some sort of incentive to go through with something like that ($$$).. how do you go about taxing a harvest? i mean governments tax you just cuz you have a job..