Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Non-Medical Patients... Please read.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TickTockCroc, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hey guys.

After falling seriously ill last thursday with a huge migraine attack (poor diet and no excercise + stress for a whole month) and sitting here the next monday still feeling nauseous, dizzy and exhausted, only to feel somewhat a bit more comfortable thanks to this joint of OG Kush.

But I smoke it...and I realize... this isn't the high I'm used to. This isn't the high I like. The high that makes you feel so euphoric and toasty. So giddy and warm inside. It just feels...like a medicine. Something I've ingested to ease my pain - and it has eased it slightly, so I can rest back and not throw up.

It has made me think... All those times, I'm sitting in front of my laptop, blazing from morning til night, thinking "wow, nature's medicine...its so good for you! IT NEEDS TO BE LEGAL AS MEDICINE AT LEAST!"... and................ its really not that feeling when your sick, and you medicate on weed. It is a crutch to help you going... and I can finally see how these serious patients feel, and how SADDENING it is to see a government look at them, and think they are just a bunch of lazy stoners wanting to get high off a recreational drug. Right now, i don't feel like I've blazed a "nice joint of OG Kush:cool:" I feel like I've taken a medicine that has eased my pain a little. You get NONE of those great feelings rolled into one when your sick.

Well... I just ask for all your prayers and positive energy that I get better... I have to visit the doctor today, as it is getting serious because there is no signs of improvement after 4 days... I honestly feel like my mind is damaged and im getting really scared ..... :(

2. Sounds like your poor diet and lack of vitamins is the culprit, I have chronic lower back pain, muscle spasms in my left shoulder through my arm and my right knee is starting to pop all the time; I feel your pain.
    I miss the days of smoking to chill out, rather than to keep up.

3. Hope there is nothing really serious going on and it it "just" a migraine! However, I have had them go on for days before when I couldn't get any cannabis, so it is not that unusual- just "very unpleasant" (to use words that Wild Will won't censor me for. ;)).

Old saying- "We dig our graves with our teeth."

The American diet is a disaster! Learn about nutrition! :hello:

The easiest way to think about it is to "think peasant". Would a peasant be eating this? Whole grains, more raw foods, way more veggies and fruit, and way less fatty meat, sugars, salt and fats. Hit your local farmer's market more often!

Another way to regulate your "American diet" is to look at the price per pound! Potato chips can cost more per pound than steak! Junk food is expensive!

Read the nutritional labels! They try to fool you by manipulating the portion size! What you consider a full serving (a candy bar, as an example, may be listed as 2 or more servings)- then they will give the calories for ONE serving! Avoid white flour, sugar, preservatives, food colors, etc. if possible. If sugar and/or corn syrup are among the first couple of ingredients, find another snack.

I made this chart up for the kids at school, to give them an idea of nutritional reality- I hope it will open your eyes, too! I just compared the calories in an apple to those in some common 7th grade snacks.

Apple Caloric Equivalency Chart
    (1 apple = 80 calories)

1 2.75 ounce bag of Potato chips.................................5 1/2 apples

1 2 ounce (tiny) Snickers Candy bar...........................3 1/2 apples

1 2.5 ounce bag of Oreos bite-sized cookies...............2 apples

1 Twinkie..........................................................about 2 apples

1 Apple Fritter.............................................................3 3/4 apples

1 Pudding cup...............................................................2 apples

2 cups Pop Secret Popcorn............................................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Jello with sugar..................................2 apples

40 ounces (5 cups) of Sugar-free Jello..........................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Fruit Yogurt.............................about 3 apples

10 Wheat Thin Crackers.................................................1 apple

Please educate yourselves!

Granny :wave:

4. I know what its like to have a bad migraine. I would charge toward a mj plant while being unloaded on by a barrage of gunfire from the police. Id rather die than have a migraine and thats no joke. When your badly sick your pleasure levels are so low to begin with that there is no high to be had. Ingesting mj will only bring your levels back somewhere close to normal where you just feel much better. Like after you throw up and feel amazing. Your not high after throwing up, you just feel RELIEF.

5. Hey Granny! Thank you so much for your time and advice.

I'm slowly recovering. The hospital said I have abnormally high blood pressure for someone my age (20). I am going back in for further tests today. If it remains high, they have to put me on medication :( . Im waking up every morning with such bad anxiety, but I'm blaming this on the migraine messing up my brain chemical balance, as well as not smoking as much ( i would literally smoke from when I woke up to when I slept every single day ). Obviously being high 24/7 has made my brain to re-balance itself, and now I am just paying for it.

It should pass over time.

I have been drinking fresh fruit juices, and more vegetables. I haven't eaten meat in 4 days... My brother has just been telling me about the benefits of raw food and fruits etc... and its so true... what is so appealing and healthy about eating DEAD meat?

lol, i wont be a vegetarian, but I'm making some changes.

Anyways, I hope I get better soon. I am laying of cannabis for a while, so my brain can function back to normal.