Non flowering cannabis plants (Kashmiri Charas)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by charsi777, Jul 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey there.
    I'm from Kashmir. The weed that grows here has no flowers.Which strain is it? Does it grow anywhere else?
    This type of weed cant be dried and smoked directly. The plants are dried and then sieved using a cloth, this gives us a powder tha'ts heated and compressed. We call it Charas. Charas is mixed with tobacco and smoked in a cigarette or rolling paper.
    Also, in summer, you can rub the plants lightly between your hands, a sticky substance sticks to your hands, probably resin, which is then mixed with tobacco and bla bla bla...
    My question is... Are these plants grown outside of Kashmir? Non-flowering cannabis??? What's it called?

2. Yup. That makes sense.
    Not sure if marijuana can be grown here. I've never seen a flower on cannibis plants here. Too bad.

3. Hello Charsi
    Its because the plant will only flower when it is aurtum or if it gets 12/12

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. hemp and marijuana are the same thing.

5. Not exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Hemp is a subspecies of a sativa. This species does not produce a notable amount of THC and is instead used mainly for other cannabinols, fibers, etc. Sativa strains do produce THC, but just not the Hemp variety. You need a female plant to be able to smoke it directly. Male and female plants are easy to identify, as the males have spherical seeds, and the females produce flowers (buds). Nonflowering cannabis is just a gender specific trait. Male Sativa and indica strains will not produce flowers. This is why most growers use "feminized" seeds. This means that they have been genetically altered to only produce female plants. This save the grower time instead of having to wait acouple weeks to find out if it is a male or a female. Most growers will throw away the male plants immediately before they pollinate the females and fill the smokeable material with seeds, making it a pain to pick through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. They're actually pollen sacks, not seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes sir. You are correct, my mistake.

9. Well they do look like little seeds so it's easy to make that mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Abe chutia, Kyon goron ke beech mein gandi karwaa rahaa hai?

There is lot of discussion on this in India itself, wanna learn something abut indian strains come to reddit Indian Ents and look for Urban Aghori.