Non Aggressive pit bulls face euthanasia-SIGN PETITION!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cinderellax, Oct 18, 2012.

1. What's so great about pits anyways?

Know plenty with them, just curious, as my friends only have them because 'it's hot right now'.

2. [quote name='"SmokingFish"']What's so great about pits anyways?

Know plenty with them, just curious, as my friends only have them because 'it's hot right now'.[/quote]

They are very loyal smart playful dogs it matters what you like they are very cuddly with my 1 1/2 yr old nephew!he will crawl in the kennel n take naps with my pits its the cutest thing ever but they can be as good a dog as any! They attack ppl cuz they do something to provoke the dog I believe if you socialize your dog with as many ppl and other animals you teach them the right way to act in the environment and situation love them pits

Attached Files:

3. Well said! Beautiful pit you have there

4. [quote name='"cinderellax"']

Well said! Beautiful pit you have there[/quote]

Thank you she had her underwear on lol I LOVE MY BABYGURL CINDERELLA IVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR GROW TOO LOOKIN GOOD CHECK MINE OUT STILL VEG THO SO NOTHING TO EXCITING

5. Well thank you. Can I have a link to ur thread? Did u sign the petition? I'll rep u if u signed.

6. Signed.

I love pitbulls. grew up around them

7. im against killing of dogs for any reason short of the dog suffering so signed

8. I agree, it definitely comes down to the owner and how he/she raises the PB. Only thing is that the disputed aggressive reputation of the breed is why it is so popular among the whole "gangster" crowd, which are the type of people who allow it to become aggressive, not the dog itself.

9. [quote name='"cinderellax"']

Well thank you. Can I have a link to ur thread? Did u sign the petition? I'll rep u if u signed.[/quote]

Yes ma'am I did sign n Idk how to link just click on my pic thingy n go to the threads started by user n its the 400 Watt bubbleponics

10. [quote name='"J-DILLA"']I agree, it definitely comes down to the owner and how he/she raises the PB. Only thing is that the disputed aggressive reputation of the breed is why it is so popular among the whole "gangster" crowd, which are the type of people who allow it to become aggressive, not the dog itself.[/quote]

I look at a pit like a ufc fighter tough n big bad ass on the outside n soft little sweetheart on the inside but if you provoke it it will attack n its not stopping till you are no longer a threat. My pit is scared of the box her treats are in LOL but its cute

11. No doubt lol. My friend adopted a 2 year old pitbull, sweet as sugar, but the PB's reputation as being a fighter dog is a main reason why so many people who think it's badass to own the dog cant handle the breed as they must be trained well, and thus they neglect that part.

12. shit alot of people are throwing mixed signals and thoughts about pit bulls. Good and bad. They are smart loyal dogs however they arnt even in top 10 smartest dogs. Love pit bulls. Grew up with my family on farms breeding them but theres no getting around the breed being unstable :S Sure its a great pet attack wise or non attack wise but you cant get around when they get a taste for blood or when they get ahold of any animal or human. Its just in there nature and cant help it. They were bred to fight and were made only to fight. The UK has ruined this breed. The poor pit :(

13. Got an update!

Update October 28, 2012:

Lilo and Stitch are again facing euthanasia despite being granted a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO). According to the Save Lilo and Stitch Facebook page, they are sentenced to die by November 7th.

However, Lilo and Stitch could be destroyed anytime after their injunction hearing at 2:00pm, October 29. The purpose of the injuction hearing is to to keep the TRO in place, which would prohibit the City of Fort Worth from euthanizing Lilo and Stitch or taking any further action against the Soluris.

Update October 29, 2012:

After an injunction hearing today, the Temporary Restraining Order has been extended and the City of Fort Worth is again prohibited from euthanizing Lilo and Stitch for another two weeks. State District Judge Melody Wilkinson also granted the family permission to visit Lilo and Stitch.

Below is a video of the family's visit with the dogs today:

To see the video, just click on the link in the first post.

Thanks for all ur help!

14. Nicest dog ever man a bit of a spaz with the licking when you stop petting him.

Attached Files:

15. Beautiful pit Greg!

16. Yeah hes a buff little bastard highly friendly but also highly defensive.

17. UPDATE!!!

Update November 6, 2012:

After a second day in court, both parties have come to an agreement. Lilo and Stitch will be able to go home to their family as soon as Rana complies with a list of restriction imposed by the city of Fort Worth.

The city threatened to euthanize the dogs if the Soluri family didn't come to a settlement, so, according to Rana's attorney, Rana was forced to comply with a list of restrictions including muzzling and leashing the dogs any time they are outside, making them wear special fluorescent collars at all times, paying a $500 fee per dog to register them with the city, and carrying $100,000 per dog in homeowner's insurance.

The city says there are 1,400 dog bite cases every year and stand behind the ordinance.

Rana now has 15 days to comply with the rules and pay $2,700 in shelter fees. She says she's not entirely happy with the agreement, but followed her attorney's advice so she could save Lilo and Stitch's lives.

Read the full story here: http://www.dogheirs.com/dogheirs/po...-be-euthanized-after-being-labelled-dangerous

I hate that the family has to pay so much money and went thru all this bullshit, but the dogs get to go home!

A big THANK YOU to everyone who signed!!!

18. I've had the privileged of meeting many a pitbull. Seriously the friendliest dogs I've ever met! I've only seen one extremely aggressive one, but the owner kept it locked in the back room while me and my friend visited. All the while his big fatter female pit was just chillin like a villan enjoying all the love.

19. I just wanted to share something with all the pit haters. I got a call today from an animal trainer I gave my husky to, sent him there to live on a farm with lots of other animals while being trained to pull a wagon of animal food up and down a hill. My husband and I raised this husky from 8 weeks old and gave him away when he was a year and half old. He was very friendly and loving and never showed any aggression toward anyone or anything. He even gets along with the trainer's cat.

Anyways, the trainer called to tell me that Phoenix (husky) brutally murdered her favorite goat. A goat that Phoenix would regularly hang out with on the farm. This goat was 80 pounds with horns and Phoenix took her down no problem. But he didn't just stop there, he ripped her to pieces. My LOVING, FRIENDLY, TRAINED husky murdered a goat.

It's not just pit bulls. Any dog, any breed can have an evil side. And I know that now. I hope all the pit bull haters who say they should all be euthanized, stop and take a second to think about this. It's not just pits, it's huskies, it's labs, cocker spaniels, dobermans...All breeds can have that one evil dog.