Non Aggressive pit bulls face euthanasia-SIGN PETITION!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cinderellax, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Yeah I'll agree with that.I think most aggressive dogs I've ever come across has been a small breed that barks and bites your feet and shit and just makes me want to smash it with my foot.More of a nuisance than a pet I'd say.But I'll also agree with your other post.This thread has turned into nothing but the classic "nature vs. nurture" and yes by the way that most of these people are talking they haven't even completed their high school psychology classes so they're probably like 15.This nature vs. nurture is a constant debate in psychology and to be honest I think it has everything to do with nurture.Like I don't even see how someone can honestly think a dog or human for that matter can be born to kill.It's a pitbull it's not a shark or a tiger because that's all they do is kill.A pitbull is capable of being a docile and perfectly domesticated dog just like any other it just takes A LOT more work than most breeds because of their protective nature.

2. #82 Niveuspuer, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
    Your analogy didn't "woosh" over my head, your comprehension of comparisons and biology just happened to fail you miserably. Dog breeds and human ethnicities are completely incomparable. Period. Any attempt to compare the two is guaranteed to be fallacious, as yours was.

Canis lupus is the most diverse species of animal on the face of this earth, bar none. Homo sapien may also be a diverse species but the ethnicities all share the same overall basic behavioral and intellectual faculties. Differing dog breeds may also share many behavioral and intellectual faculties but only on a significantly more primal level [unless of course the scope of comparison is limited to only include breeds within the same class]

The differences between an average 8 yo old black kid and an average 8 yo white kid are miniscule [if even present], whereas the difference between an 8 wo siberian husky puppy and an 8 wo bloodhound puppy are like night and day.

Again, your analogy failed. Just fucking get over it already.

Now you're acknowledging that APBTs have "strong guarding insticts" and seem to be implying that such makes APBTs more likely to cause harm to people than other breeds, correct?

Do you not believe that these behaviors have genetic bases?

If so, you've just completely contradicted your earlier argument.

Also, no one is claiming that APBTs, or any other breeds for that matter, are guaranteed to harm anyone in front of them.

3. Lol you're really ignorant dude.No offense but you look like a dumb ass too why are you calling humans and dogs by their scientific names? This isn't a biology forum this is a cannabis forum/community normal people and normal stoners aren't usually that impressed by people google searching info to try to make them sound like they know what they're talking about when they argue.Anyway look up the psychology of animals/dogs.Specifically Nature vs Nurture.Meaning are dogs taught or are they born that way.Pretty sure that science has already proven you wrong.And he was right about the black and white analogy and you were wrong.I know black kids that gangbang at 11 I know white kids that are spoiled ass holes that eat hoho's and McDonalds and play video games and cry when they don't get there way.I know black teens that gangbang and sling dope just to get some food and I know black teens that have killed for less than what a white kid the same age gets for Christmas (and then complains about because it's not what he wanted) man how the fuck can you even think that all humans are the same? It was kind of a bad analogy though because they don't act different because of race it's because of the shit he lives every day and the shit he grows up in.Nature vs Nurture in animals.Do research son.

4. [quote name='"FaMiLytilIdie"']

Lol you're really ignorant dude.No offense but you look like a dumb ass too why are you calling humans and dogs by their scientific names? This isn't a biology forum this is a cannabis forum/community normal people and normal stoners aren't usually that impressed by people google searching info to try to make them sound like they know what they're talking about when they argue.Anyway look up the psychology of animals/dogs.Specifically Nature vs Nurture.Meaning are dogs taught or are they born that way.Pretty sure that science has already proven you wrong.And he was right about the black and white analogy and you were wrong.I know black kids that gangbang at 11 I know white kids that are spoiled ass holes that eat hoho's and McDonalds and play video games and cry when they don't get there way.I know black teens that gangbang and sling dope just to get some food and I know black teens that have killed for less than what a white kid the same age gets for Christmas (and then complains about because it's not what he wanted) man how the fuck can you even think that all humans are the same? It was kind of a bad analogy though because they don't act different because of race it's because of the shit he lives every day and the shit he grows up in.Nature vs Nurture in animals.Do research son.[/quote]

This^

Sent from my ADR6350 using GC Forum

5. Just a gentle reminder to you:

Pit Bull - A breed of canine, commonly referred to as a dog.

Notice I did not use the words "human" or "homo sapien" in the above definition.

Dog owners need to remember that regardless of breed, that cute, loving, furry thing with four legs on the end of your leash is an animal.

And as an adult, I doubt I really need to remind you that Mother Nature can be one unpredictable and unforgiving Bitch.

It's doubtful that either owner had jack shit to do with your dog being attacked. They're animals. Seems because they lick our faces when we wake up in the morning that we've forgotten that little biological fact.

Bottom line is there is no amount of training on any animal that will allow you to completely control or remove animal instinct. Shit happens. I'm sorry that it happened to your dog, but realize that any breed of animal could act this way at any time. No, I don't own a Pit myself, but I've been around plenty of them to know that violence is nothing intrinsic to their genetic buildup any more than any other breed of canine. Their physical prowess seems to distort the facts here when looking at the results from attacks, but that doesn't mean we should be running out killing all great white sharks en mass just for the hell of it either.

6. Uh.. we're animals too, mang.

We kill our own species.

7. What did your dog do to piss the pitbull of then?
    there just dogs... Little dogs are meaner than any pitbull I've ever seen in my life.

8. In my 22 years of life, I've never encountered a vicious pit bull. I have however come across many mean little ankle biters lol

9. [​IMG]

Oh the humanity!!

10. lol we are animals..People always label animals as dangerous beasts....BUT I'm pretty sure that humans that you think are civilized are the only species that kill other species for fun and not just food,we torture AND kill our own species and other species too.We polute the water and air and destroy forest/habitats/other species homes for material gain.We rape and inbreed and molest our young.We mass murder and destroy entire cities leaving thecorpses of our own kind lay around.We have completely wiped out entire species (ex.tasmanian tiger,monk seals,chinese river dolphins,ect) these are spcies gone FOREVER because we murdered every single one.We kill things for entertainment for thousands of years.From hunting to serial killers,torture,the colosseums,ect.The fucked christians and catholics torturing and killing during the many inquisitions(Galeleo Galilei sound familiar?),the crusades,look up "the pear of anguish". Also animals dont commit fucked racially motivated crimes because they see everyone as equal.Now what vulgar horrible instincts does a dog have?? As far as Im concerned domestic animals, whentrained, are more innocent,compassionate,happy,and love you more unconditionally than95% of the humans you will ever meet.I dont care what you or anyone else says ANY dog of any breed that attacks another dog or human for any reason was not trained like it should have been and it is the owners fault completely.Anyway you look at it the owner is at fault,like you said they are animals....Animals that the owner is supposed to be resposible for.If its to late to train your dog then keep it on aleash,in a cage, and dont be a fucking moron and let your dog run around doing things that will put it in an uncomfortable situation.If thats to demanding for you then dont get a pit because you arent responsible enough.Respond again with sensless "get rid of all child eating,AIDS infested,ruthless murdering pits because they bite" logic and id be happy to school you again.Deuces! :smoke:

11. 10000% agree.

A dog is also the only animal who loves his owner unconditionally and aims to please him, even if the owner is abusive. All a dog wants to do is please his master. But when master doesn't train the dog or abuses the dog, it can damage him. Luckily though, all abused dogs, pits included, can recover thru therapy with trained professionals. I understand some dogs can't be "fixed" and found new families, but that doesn't mean a whole entire breed of dog is evil and should be wiped out. It's not just pit bulls who end up in a shelter. Yes the statistic for pits being dangerous is higher than other breeds but that's no one's fault but the human race for breeding these dogs to fight and make the owners money. They were chosen for fighting because of their lock jaw and strength. It's not their fault for having powerful jaws, its OUR fault for training them to use those jaws as a weapon.

12. This pitbull thing bothers me, as I've dealt eith pits.

They require extra attention compared to most dogs. Not everyone should be allowed to keep one. Everyone WANTS to keep one because they are COOL. That's it, COOL.

Any dog is capable of loving you so don't give me some bullshit reason you won't keep any other random dog you can rescue. It'll love you the same ok?

I say you must pass a test saying you are financially able and That you know your dog (which could be friendly it's entire life but snap without provocation).

Don't meet the requirements? Lab

13. I just wanted to be as explicit as possible. And I didn't have to google the scientific nomenclature of either nor should you have.

I understand the difference between nature vs. nurture. Hence my comparison of siberian huskies to bloodhounds, regardless of how either is brought up, they're going to be two very different dogs and remain two very different dogs.

Why? Because the species is incredibly variable among breeds. Among the ethnicities, humans are not.

:rolleyes:

That was precisely my point. Nice self-contradiction though.

14. #94 FaMiLytilIdie, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Humans are not incredibly variable among ethnicities........I think you should stick to a different thread
    when youre high because I dont think youre aware of how stupid that sounds lmao.THAT IS WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT.What is culture? If we are all the same then why is culture and heritage so important? All of our ethnicities are what what makes us different.Here are some facts and stats for you my friend.....MENTAL HEALTH STATS BY COUNTRY :America 150+ people effected per 100,000 Canada: 80 per 100,000 Russia: 140-150 per 100,000 Australia:40-50 per 100,000.....Let me brake it down further for you by race in America---(minorityhealth.hhs.gov) suicide attempts and depression for female hispanic teens are 70% higher than white teens in the same age group.Extreme psychological distress in african americans 8.3 for african american/non-hispanic whites .8.........Extreme psychological distress for non-hispanic whites 10.1% hispanic/non-white hispanic .6%... I dont want to overkill the topic.I left the .gov site above.Anyway you were wrong again haha have fun taking my words out of context this time becsuse most of it is government research and not my words.Do research its really fun and informative AND then you wouldnt say dumb things man :smoke:

15. [quote name='"Mithrandir"']The owner of the pit bull was a fireman, and said they had the dog for 8 years, well trained, with no problems. And still my dog almost got his fucking leg ripped off.[/quote]

Just curious what kind of dog do you have

16. i love pitbulls. signed!

17. Is there an update on this yet orrrrrrrrr?

18. Yeah I read that one that was so loooooong though they HAVE to have more info by now.. :(

19. [quote name='"Hali Hostility"']Yeah I read that one that was so loooooong though they HAVE to have more info by now.. :([/quote]

If you like them on fb you'll be able to see when they have updates and other stories

Sent from my ADR6350 using GC Forum