Non 24 hour based light/dark?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by voxel, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Anyone experimented with yields using timings not based on 24 hour cycles?

Example, for veg, say 20 hour light, 6 hour dark. (26 hour total).

Or flowering 15 hours light, 12 dark, for 27 hours total.

It would make for odd timings as the more days go by, the light dark cycles will shift around the 24 hour clock.

--

The reason?.. I ask only because, as a human being, at one point in my life I had no school/job and lived with family so I needed no income.

I found myself adhering to a 28 hour cycle. That is my wake + sleep time was 28 hours not 24 hours.

So I shifted around the clock for 3 months. My friend that I hadn't need in a while stopped by once at 11pm after his late shift at work. My mother answered the door to tell him, "He should be up in about an hour".

So, back to MJ plants. Anyone?

2. its unnatural and logically could cause hermies.... feel free to experiment and post a journal of it to prove otherwise...

did you grow a penis/vagina while on this schedule?

just asking... hey :D

3. I doubt it will cause hermies, as long as you keep it consistent. With more light hours I assume you would get bigger buds. You could do 14/14 or 16/12, I read somewhere that the plant responds to the lengthening night (not shorter day) so is triggered to flower with like 10+ hours of night.
    Though 14/14 would be a safe bet, you only get 2 extra hours.

4. I'm pretty certain humans naturally try to run on a 25-26 hour cycle. Plants, I don't have a fucking clue.

5. I have thought about this often. It is an interesting concept and I would be very interested to see if it worked.