Nomediocre's Indoor and Greenhouse Organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by nomediocre, Apr 13, 2016.

1. #1 nomediocre, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Welcome to my organic medical marijuana grow project. It's been a bit of time since my last grow journal. Since then I've moved to Oregon to join a budding recreational cannabis project. However, that project will take a bit longer to get off the ground as the commercial grow requires permits, builders and inspections.

Before this gets long-winded here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

Its about 20' x 30', will hopefully be completed within a week. I'm hoping this structure can go year-round, and get 3-4 cycles in a year. Still need to finish the roof support, attach the pvc, attach the plastic and order the blackout tarp.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I've got 2 indoor rooms built, one is an exclusively Veg room, with 3 - 4x6 trays and a seedling rack. The other will hold 6 - 4x4 trays and will be used to veg the ladies a bit before taking them into the greenhouse. If the greenhouse can't operate through winter well use this room to flower during the winter.

Currently have 25 seedlings about 3 weeks old, 18 seeds that are about 7 weeks old, and 10 hemp plants that I'm experimenting on the side for a hemp project I'm doing. I will be breeding the best studs, and keeping the best ladies as mothers, only flowering the clones. The genetics and clones from this project will eventually feed the recreational project when it's up and running.

This is my first organic grow, but I've done the research and have experience with bottled nutrients, so I feel confident moving forward, although I'm still reading heavily everyday. I'll post more info about everything I'm using later, but I got to head to the medical site now.

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 nomediocre, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Figured it out!

Does anyone know why the pictures only show in web view mode and not on the app directly?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm able to view them on my app.

Interested to see where this thread goes, followed here from your old thread which i haven't had a chance to skim through yet.

That home made green house is pretty bad ass. I wish I could convince my brother to go that route. If you don't mind me asking what was the investment in that not including a black out tarp?

Also, you should run a few 25-50 gallon pots with bottled nutes and see how they do with that setup in comparison to organic.

Steviodaddios Medical Perpetual

4. Transplanting my seedlings in two days:

[​IMG]

Top fed a tsp of powdered lime to prep the soil for transplant.

[​IMG]

The framing part of the greenhouse is pretty much done except for a few braces. Hopefully this can be completely done by the end of April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. We probably will run a tray of hydro in the bigger indoor room on nutes. Maybe one greenhouse plant.

As for costs it's just lumber and screws. We used 12 foot long 2x4s ($3) and 12 foot long 4x4s ($10). We had all the tools already so that was nice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Currently sourcing all the materials needed for my greenhouse soil, which will utilize a no-till system. We are predominantly using that system, however we will be testing various methods at first.

We want to get started on growing in the greenhouse as soon as possible so I'm going to get a tray of clones here just so we can start dialing in sooner.

Also, I received a good amount (50+) of seeds that are supposed to be P-Bud. These seeds are 40+ years old and were from the last harvest before the feds took everything away. I'll be starting them maybe 6 at a time. Any suggestions for starting really old seeds organically and in conjunction with the no-till method? I was thinking of sticking it in water for 24 hours, then using the paper towel method to see if they even pop.

• Like Like x 3
  7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got the soil mixed, worms thrown in and mulch done. Waiting for less bad weather to do the plastic.

Premixed my amendments into 1 linear foot batches:
    [​IMG]

Clones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished the outgoing air ducts for my indoor rooms:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Building out the second greenhouse at the same location soon.

8. Can't see any pics. Grow area sounds awesome though.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

9. Now I see them. You should rock some hps lights in those grow houses.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Or better yet if you can afford it some induction lighting.

11. We are probably going to put CFLs in, we are drawing power from the grow rooms during the day when the lights are off.

Double poly inflated should insulate it closer to ground temp. Also getting a swamp cooler soon.

12. Looking great man

13. Nice looking work. I have to ask, are those sill plates pressure treated? I would just be a bit nervous that they're up against the ground/gravel like that because of moisture and bugs thus rot. I'm sure you know more than I do about this but if you hadn't considered that then you might make sure the exterior drains the water a ways away from the footing.

Otherwise, best of luck! I'd love to do something like this of this size. I'm starting smaller now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. They are not, we had some extra lumber and built this just to get the grow going. I'm probably erecting a cold frame style house early next year. Also we have the structure on 6 extra inches so there should be plenty of drainage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

At my second grow site I have 500 gallon no tills and a cold frame structure no till. There's geothermal here so the GH should go year round. These pots were a bitch to amend and fill, especially because the well water is leaching and shows signs of chlorine an nitrites, so had to run it through an r/o system.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Damn, you're going to have to hire the National Guard to trim all that this fall, lol. Very pro, nice work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dank nome im jealous. Your outdoor is double mine. Late start to the year though. So did I with my lemon Larry's but the clones well out imidietly here because we have one fucking dispensary in Humboldt county of all places.

Let's Smoke About It..... -Adam Demamp
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1401087/

• Like Like x 1