Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Noiss' SoCal HD Pickup Thread - UPDATED OFTEN

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by noiss, Sep 23, 2011.

1. #1 noiss, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    Sup guys :D

I've been a longtime lurker of GC and have been meaning to make a post like this for awhile. I love picking up new buds (and actually go out of my way to try different strains) so I've been thinking it would be a fun idea to make a thread with pics of my latest pickups and a short review. I usually pick up 1/8ths at a time and I try to pick up at least twice a week so I hope to update this thread about twice a week.

Just picked up some blue dream last night. This is my second pick-up of this bud and I have to say it's been by far one of the best strains I've tried this past month of living in so cal (recently moved from Europe). This bud smells amazing, is very sticky and gets me very high for it's price (dollar point). Unfortunately I smoked way too much of it last night, so I only have one decently sized nug to show off this time. But without further ado, let's take a look at it :D

Pickup #1

Strain: Blue Dream
    Origin: San Diego
    Price: 1g/$10
    Rating: 8/10

[​IMG]
    High res: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5499/dsc5599c.jpg

[​IMG]
    High res: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5636/dsc5617f.jpg (The orange looks much more intense in this picture because I corrected the white balance after the first one. Sorry bout that)

I hope to get some more dank weed for my next pickup. I'd rather start off my thread with a 10/10, but oh well :D Hope somebody enjoys this other than myself.

2. Sum good looking buds my friend gotta love that Cali fire!

3. Really fine looking buds you have there. Did you pick that up at a dispensary?:smoke:

4. Thanks dude! :D Yes, it's truly amazing after coming from northern europe.

Thanks! :) The buds I currently have are all from a grower down south, so no dispensary.

5. #6 Sherak, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011

I recently picked up some blueberry and its amazing how different strains look, it looks absolutly nothing like that. (just note if I wasnt 100% sure it was blueberry I wouldn't have commented).

I think the difference in strains from US to Europe are quite significant, I read some of Rick Simpsons blogs (the guy who cures cancer with THC oil).. He used mainly white widow for his medicine when he lived in Canada but since being stuck in Europe he finds the White Widow strains massivley different to what he was growing in canada. Appearance and effect....

It kind of makes me take the whole strain thing (slightly) with a pinch of salt. Not within reputable seed banks but on here I mean.

But that said I've seen european seed banks White Widow (amongst other strains) and between banks the appearance and stone is definatly not uniform, even grown under teh same conditions.

Nice thread though +rep

6. Damn man your shit looks dank as fuck. I shall place myself under this bridge and stay here for a while if you do not mind lol.

7. Had a couple of gram of the blueberry stashed away so took a look tonight, there are clear differences but the quality of the grow on that medical grade nug of yours is intense! the nug of mine is not as compact or manicured by far but I guess there are some similaries you think the quality of the producer could make such a large difference in appearance?

I know its defo blueberry, a european bank, not sure which but will find out..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]