Node damage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by geebsnjoints, Jul 1, 2011.

1. One of my nodes has been damaged due to overwatering or something similar to that. It's a bit shriveled and yellowish. What effect will this have on my plant?

2. it will stun the growth that's all

3. YOu will be fine. Plants lose leaves, get munched on, stuff hits them all the time. Trees and plants survive hurricanes. Yours will to.

4. Alright great. I was concerned cuz they're just lil seedlings. On a side note, how far up the stem should the soil be? I'd say they're about 3-4 inches above.

5. About 2 weeks ago you can see it in my grow journal I dropped a heavy book right between my two plants I have growing. Basically as it went down and hit the pot it took out all the branches on both plants. Today those areas are basically scabbed up and woody looking and plant is healthy as a rock. In fact I do not think it even registered. The plant continued to grow.

How far the stem what do you mean? Are you talking about the space between the soil and the first node? If so I think thats subjective. Alot cut it off so there is air flow under the plant and usually those little branches down there do not result in anything. For a alo of plants it helps so you can see the soil and get air flow under it. Small op not so important at least I dont think so.