NoBueno714’s Quantum Board / Perpetual Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Nobueno714, Jun 19, 2019.

1. #1 Nobueno714, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Hello all,

I’m making plans to upgrade my two tents, a 2x2 (veg) and a 2x3 (bloom), to a bedroom grow.

A good friend is generously donating around 100 sq ft of grow area. This space needs to include access to the closest, and enough room to move around for maintenance.

We will be using prebuilt tents. The initial idea is a 4x4 veg / auto tent, and an 8x4 bloom tent.

I may have room to veg additional plants outside of the tents, and that should still allow for some room to move around.

I can make do with mixing nutrients in the nearby kitchen to save space in the room.

Each 4x4 area will be powered by 2 x hlg-320-2800b drivers, for a total of 6 drivers. I’m going to try a new, multi spectrum 301b based board, along with integrated fr/ir/uv supplemental lighting.

This first time around, on a larger scale than I’ve experienced before, I will stick to soil.

I’ll start experimenting a variation of dwc with my personal tents, and if successful, I’ll adopt it to a larger scale

Here’s the room dimensions. Please chime in with your suggestions how this can be more efficient -

[​IMG]

2. I haven’t taken a side my side since May, but here’s what the two tents looks like while running a perpetual grow -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Based on the two tents, I’m only utilizing 48 sq ft.

Another option is to line the walls with slimmer tents..

4. I'd forget all the tents and just use the room for flower. You can easily line the walls with reflective. This will give you the most space and head room and one large zone to control for temp/humidity/co2/etc. Then I'd use the tents you already have to make a 2ft thick "wall" in the room that is 5ft long that blocks the perfect length for the closet and make a little walkway in front of the closet and just utilize the rest of the room.

Then you could micromanage the veg tents for vegging. Maybe face zippers towards closet in case theres light leak.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That’s a really good idea! The only issue I see, I would have zero access to that room while in bloom cycle, until lights go on.

As you said, tackling the environment would be simpler with one space vs two or three.

6. Yeah you'd have to visit veg tent only during flower hours.

Orrrrr you could put reflective and or panda film in front of tents facing the flowering plants to completely close that off floor too ceiling for light. Then panda film out to door way so you can open door during flower and walk to veg/closet while keeping flower completely dark. Kind of like that awkward double door entry way in front of big box stores that helps keep the AC in but in this case would help keep the light in the veg area.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Some great idea @ledxpert

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was able to get the order placed for new new lighting system.

I expect I should have these sometime next week

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. The open room design is not going to work. The closet is the one thing that needs to be accessed at anytime, so everything will need to be inside light proof tents.

Even though it would be possible to partition off the space to allow access to the closet, were on a time crunch, and not currently in a position to do any hard construction.

I could use some suggestions on how to best for the most amount of tents in this area, while still being sensitive to the closest, and the door opening to access the room.

Keep in mind, I need some room to navigate between tents.

After looking at the dimensions, I think I can build an “L” shape configuration using a 6x6, and an 8x4.

Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

10. Specs on the incoming boards -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Nobueno714, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    I’m taking a leap of faith investing in these boards.

They make sense in paper, along with the 3k+660nm vs. 4K shootout I’m close to completing.

I believe a good yield is to come soon!

12. Another option I’m thinking about... one 8x8 tent. That would allow for a little over a foot of space to access the closet, and squeeze into the room.

I can use the the 10sq ft of tent space I already have for veg. I would keep the clones / veg plants at my place until they are ready to be transported to the flower room.

It’s a short drive, so it’s feasible.

This would allow 24 hr access to the room, without interrupting light cycles.

Thoughts?

13. Here’s another idea - two 8x4 tents. I can still use my current 10 sq ft of tent space for veg, stager the two 8x4’s so I can harvest every 4 weeks..

[​IMG]

14. Goofed on the dimensions -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gotta have a spot to dry too if you're trying to do a flip flop approach

• Like Like x 2
  16. Good point! I’ll have to give that some more thought.

17. Here’s my list of remaining parts I’m about to gather. If you have a better suggestion to keep this under $1500 or less, please send your suggestions

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I had to cut some corners to make the budget work, but i would like suggestions how to cut them even closer, where possible.

I wish I had more to spend on a quality light meter, but until this first grow pays for itself, it’s something I can hold off on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Have you tried the AC Infinity inline? If so, thoughts?

I’m upgrading the crappy 100cfm duct booster in my cabinet to a 4” inline. Currently using an AC Infinity Cloudline T4 for my tents, but have seen the Terrabloom in a few YouTube videos. AC Infinity makes a great product, but if Terrabloom competes at almost half price...

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was originally looking at ac infinity, but their 8” fan doesn’t use the same EC motor the 6” and smaller fans do.

The 8” Ac infinity draws over 200 watts, the 8” terrabloom, only 75 watts. That’s a huge difference! I think their 4” only consumes 18 watts.

That, along with the better price point, is the reason I’m going with terabloom.

I really like the built in controllers and expandability of ac infinity though. Very nice fans

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shipment arrived yesterday afternoon.

These are the new mixed spectrum lights I will be putting together for the two tents.

I’m pretty excited to see what they look like fired up

Samsung 301b 2700k + 4000k
    Cree 660nm, 730nm
    LG 385nm

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is the third, different style heat sink that I’ve received from China. This version has longer fins than the previous two styles of extrusion.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I’ll post back when I start wiring them up.

• Like Like x 2