No trifoliates

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by killachronic, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Got a plant starting it's 4th set of leaves, but the second set of leaves are not trifoliates. The second set of leaves have five fingers and Ive never seen this before. I have had a plant that had trifoliates as its first set of leaves and I know that it is a genetic problem and causes a low bud to stem ratio. Should I keep this plant or go ahead and remove it from my cabinet and make room for my other plants.

2. Just out of interest, where did you read this stuff about the low bud to stem ratio?

Keep the plant, it might be a female.

3. Personally I'd keep it.
    I've never heard anybody every complain about too much fingers on their plants.
    It's the lack of it that makes most people worry, most people consider leaves with many fingers a sign of good health.

4. I read it in another thread. I actually read the thread and noticed that I had saved a seed from some really weird weed i scored one time that had a ton of little tiny stems throughout the entire bud. It was still dank as shit(smoked better than beast) but just had a shitload of little tiny stems in it. I planted the seeds and a few days later notived that the cotelydons were trifoliates. Just some recessive genetic trait probably. I have 2 of these plants that had no trifoliates at all and they are growing probably 25% faster and stronger than my others.