**No time for a Journal? Update here.. Any skill level welcome**

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by samson32, Jan 12, 2011.

1. 4 weeks into Veg so far.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Any proof this works?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Based on the amount of videos online i would say its worth trying

• Like Like x 1
  4. Idk if im buggin or can literally see her frostyness getting more and more crystals on her.. from the time i opened her up till now.. ill let her sleep one night like this then ill post an update on her crystal production.. i see crystals forming on top crystals now

• Like Like x 2
  5. And here we go! Grow #3. Had a rough first two grows. Learnt some lessons. Hoping for a good grow this time with what I’ve learnt. . Sorry for the Blurple. I have a plant from my last grow still finishing up in my other tent. Eventually these babies will go under my 400W MH.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. #13886 GrasscityGal, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    I’ve read a few articles about stuff like that. People putting nails And racks in stems towards the end of flowering to stress the plant

• Like Like x 2
  7. Finally got some roots comming thru.. took a whole month just to geth this.. very bad conditions in the begining made it hard for her to thrive..

I know theirs alot more rootage thru the soil but this is all thats showing thru so far.. will wait a lil longer for more to show thru then ill transplant her..

You_Doodle+_2019-03-18T14_07_16Z.jpg You_Doodle+_2019-03-18T14_07_50Z.jpg You_Doodle+_2019-03-18T14_08_27Z.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Sypha a grower i S,Africa who i knew used to swear by splitting the stem and putting a stone in the split and binding it gave more resin,,,but ive also seen pictures of growers in India ( admittedly the pictures i saw were very old) of when they split the Stem they put a wad of Opium in to the split ,they reckoned it gave the cannabis more of a high ,but i really doubt it would actually do that ,,,mac,,

9. Hey hows it goin mac..

Yea u doubt the “opium” would do much on changing the high (im wit u on that 1)..

Im going to split my next stalk 2 weeks ahead of time.. and im going to make a close-up time lapse of it hoping we can all see the different if anything even happens..

(Its only 14 pics, i think i can leep up with that) lol.. might do 2 pics a day, 1 in the mornings & 1 at night..

10. morning to you to Sypha every thing is fine mate ,, ,,i have tried the split stem years ago but to be honest i cant remember if it did any thing like make more resin ,,but lots of growers still do it mainly seems to be outside growers in Africa and India ,,,give a go any how id like to see how it turns out ,,

11. Correct, ive said i uploaded o video once on GC about it.. and it definitely wasnt in elnglish & the letters that were used in the videos discription also indicated india..

Ive only found 1 vidro of it being done in elglish bit most arent from here & also correct on it being mostly practiced by outside growers..

• Like Like x 1
  12. This Pinapple Chunk mother is getting so big its hard to contain her in this space.. i think i might send her into flower and keep a clone as a mother for the next run..

Or should i just cut her back alot and keep her as a morher still instead of keeping a clone as a new mother..

Does it make a different if i flower her n keep a clone as a new mother plant??

Genes should be just as strong on the clone as mom. correct??
    (This mother is a clone of the original from seed)- (i flowered the original cause of his same reason).. shouldnt matter how many times tho.. a clone is a 100% clone right??

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Flower day 31 for my little red dieselings under a 1000w hps. I just realized week 9 is going to be right on 4/20. Hopefully that'll be harvest day for the 3 :), might let them go 10+ weeks if needed tho. The cali orange in them is really coming out, smelling like delicious fresh orange peels
    Flower Day 31.jpg
    Flower Day 31 (4).jpg
    Flower Day 31 (6).jpg

Should be fine to take a cutting for a new mother and flower her. I've heard of people keeping cuttings around for years doing that, I'm going to try and keep the tastiest red diesel I have around for as long as possible :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thats exactly what i wanna do is keep her around for a while to come..

Im going to put her to flower as soon as i get a rooted Sour Diesel Clone going.. i have 4 Sour Diesel clones right now waitting on them to root.. will keep 1 for a mother and flower the other 3 after some training.. (keeping the fastes growing 1 as a mother)

Fingers crossed on these..

The Pineapple Chunk i have 2 clones slready transplsnted and slowely growing cause of rough LSTing.. no biggie..

Also have a Pineapple Chunk Clone that has 2 roots sticking out will transplant her making 3 and a mother for a total of 4.. will keep the fastes growing cline as a ne mother and flower the original mother with the other 2 after some training..

This is good that you confirm this as a go cause that means i have plants super ready for flowering.. means buds soon enough lol.. and i have these 4 autos going right now too 1 is in full flower right now waittin on her buds to smoke on.. (ACC)

Vegging outside the flower tent

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beautiful grows in here!
    About a month into flower. Truly amazing cultivar. SAGE x Sour diesel. THSeeds[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. The effects of LSTing.. way more effective no recovery period just grow periods..

If u “top” you need to wait for recovery then growth to happen..

LSTing imo is 100x’s better, faster and more effective then “topping”..

These shoots are growin’ bby!!

ACC #2
    IMG_2706.JPG IMG_2707.JPG IMG_2711.JPG IMG_2712.JPG

ACD #1
    IMG_2708.JPG
    IMG_2709.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Morning pic of the ladies. Going into flower in about 2 or 3 weeks. Waiting for an auto to finish in my tent first.

I didn’t take any close up pics but I’m thinking there might be a calmag def. Any thoughts?

This is my GG#4 (Gorilla Glue)

[​IMG]

This is my own cross that I think I am going to call Northern Malawi Mystery because it is crossed with a Malawi x Northern lights auto and a mystery bag seed photo.

Any thoughts on names? Lol. This could be fun.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. There's certainly benefits and drawbacks to both. You're absolutely right on quicker runs with LST only. However, you don't have the more even and rubust nutrient and water delivery system with LST as you do with the plumbing of a plant topped at least once. Both sides get a more equal distribution.

I'm sure there's evidence out there that could swing it both ways - but I think your growing technique can care of the plants has to be the biggest differentiator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yea i know their ups & downs to both methods (lst,topping).. but what holdme back from topping is there overy period..

I put LSTing on a pedistol hoping more ppl will take this route more often (targetedmore towardsnewer growers)

My first topping went great..second turned in to an accidental FIM which is not what i wanted so i started only LSTing ftom that point forward and im super happy with the results.. trained this auto and got a nice amount of tops on her IMG_2675.JPG IMG_2676.JPG IMG_2661.JPG IMG_2693.JPG

• Like Like x 1