No till question, amending soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Nugz626, Jan 18, 2018.

1. So my last run was my first organic grow, I locked out the soil mid flower. I bought everything to amend my soil (neem, crab,azomite, and kelp) I also have hummus and worm castings. My question is, would it be worth is to use the same soil (due to the lockout) or should just get different soil? I'm trying to save some money and learn about notill, so I want a good experience too..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The best way to answer this question is to know what you use in your original soil recipe

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. How long did you let it cook for before using it

4. I'm pretty sure I influenced a ph swing trying to add bone meal, that was about 6 weeks ago. My original soil mix was promix hp and a local Michigan made organic mix that had good reviews in the area.

5. If you got it from Great Lakes compost I'd take a bit of your soil and ask them, they're very competent! :D

6. Well that's what you made your first mistake from it should have been one-third promix one third aerator for like perlite or rice hulls and 1/3 worm casting or compost. You can then amended with bone meal blood meal as azomite crab shell and some neem meal.... or whatever else you see fit I like fish bone meal for flowering also I would wait six to seven weeks before using the soil making sure I mix it well and it heats up and cools down

• Like Like x 1
  7. this was my orginal soil recipe..i did amend.it.after 12 months but i have used the same soil for.almost three year. i hope this helps[​IMG]

8. Right on! Def helps! I'm just gonna scrap the old shit and start from scratch.

• Like Like x 1