No till organic soil mix help

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Freddyblack420, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Okay I want to start a not till organic soil mix, iv purchased some ingredients but am wondering if I'm missing anything? IvI' got coco coir as well as some compost as a base DSC_0087.JPG

2. #2 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

3. My couple Pennies:
    I think the malted Barley is much more useful freshly ground. You should be able to find it whole at a home brew store. Not to say what you have is unusable, just not ideal.

What are you using for your 1/3 airation?

Why, no biochar?

Also, I would use SPM instead of the coir.

Otherwise, the rest should work great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. #4 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

5. krill meal is basically like crab meal it is krill from the ocean haha, and like i said i got coco and compost.

Also i forgot to add i got some ecothrive charge & biosys

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  7. it is a crustacean meal yes ... im not in the US so we have different stuff some of the time

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

9. #9 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

10. #10 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Taoist Farmer, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Oyster shell flour or lime
    I have only used oyster shell flour, 1 cup per cubic foot of soil

• Like Like x 1
  12. it sounds like i can pull it off mate. what is the layer test?? and iv heard of coco as a sub for peat moss as it is just basically the same just coco is better for the environment and all that jazz

13. Krill meal
    is much more than a rich source of essential aminoacids andpolyunsaturated fatty acids It is also characterized as a source of (a) nitrogenoussubstances of powerful attractant features; (b) natural pigments; (c)micronutrients, and (d) growth enhancers, all of which provide krill meal with ahigh biological value and high palatability, making it the natural complement for less palatant and cost effective feed formulations.

• Like Like x 1
  14. this is a claim from the source:

South Antarctic Krill Meal for use in soil mixes to add Calcium and other minerals.

Krill is one of our planet’s largest biomasses. This tiny crustacean, present in all oceans, holds a vital position in the marine food chain. Through millions of years of evolution, krill’s bioactive components and molecules have sustained Nature’s diverse species.

We source our Krill Meal from Aker BioMarine, who develop krill-based ingredients, rich in the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, for nutraceutical, aquaculture, and animal feed applications.

The Antarctic krill fishery is one of the world’s most sustainable fisheries. It is also notable for near-zero by-catches, fully transparent operations, and Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certification, the highest standard for sustainable fisheries. In 2016, the krill fishery received an “A” rating by the Sustainable Fishery Partnership as the only reduction fishery in the world with a biomass that is rated “in very good condition.”

• Like Like x 1
  15. #16 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

16. #17 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

17. #18 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    delete

18. A myth started by the coco industry. Peat harvesting is closely regulated to protect peat bogs. There is absolutely no sustainability issues with using Sphagnum peat moss (SPM).

The truth about peat moss

Not only that but SPM is a lot better for soil building then coir due to higher cation capacity, sulfur and a plethora of beneficial microbes. SPM is alive!
    On the other hand coir has lower CEC, harbors no microbial life and has a tendency to lock onto calcium, often leading to deficiencies if not treated properly.
    If you really want to make the best soil for your medicine I highly suggest you reconsider.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. #20 old shol4evr, Aug 22, 2018
    y
    delete