No till issues, what is going on ?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Autoqueen25, May 20, 2018.

1. I dunno if this is the right section to post this, this is my ( not so first post but first post under this user name ) I don’t have my old email to get into my old account. I am on AFN but I didn’t get much a reply on but one.

So I did my no till mix weeks ago. I want to say it’s probably been exactly a month. I let the post get going before I put any seeds in there etc. I have three ten gallon pots going. I am doing autos and so far every seed I have planted either doesn’t sprout or sprouts then dies a week later.

The mix is equal parts of compost , growstone ( didn’t have pumice or could source pumice in my area for a cheap price) , and peat moss.

( I’m don’t remember the recipe right now but I followed a popular mix )
    Neem seed
    Kelp meal
    Biochar
    Basalt
    Gypsum
    Was added and I have Dutch clovers as cover crop. I also added worms.

On pot keeps drying out faster but this one has less clovers. The other two are filled with clovers right now.

2. organics need to cook

in your case my guess is about 60-90 days

that was indicated by the fact no seeds germed at all

auto's don't need no hi (N) (P) or (K) mix

quite the opposite

I'd buy in some soil

grow them out and next time round

this above mix should be about ready

good luck

ps no pumice use clean river sand or perlite

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you ! Makes sense I asked several no till growers about the autos but no one even answer me because they only have experience with photoperiods. I thought that this would be way too much nutrients for them but wasn’t sure. Also I am in my gh now and I started to dig and see no worms ‍♀️

• Like Like x 1
  4. worms are a biggy

go steal some from outside ...imo...lol

theirs many annoying ..these auto's don't like

hot soils is but one

the worst for me is..

they don't like potting up either

but over the years I still do it Grrrr!

and still spray a little aspirin for the shock

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey there - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your autos and notill soil.
    I feel you've given plenty of time for the soil to cycle, so I'm stumped.
    I have 0 experience with autos.
    There is a good fella on here @Organic sinse that has a thread dedicated to autos and grows in no till soil.

Automatics make good Organic sinse

I bet the brains over there can give some suggestions. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I do exactly what you want to do. You need to start the seeds in 'seed starter'. Check out the first couple posts in my thread "Automatics make good Organic sinse". Excavate out some no till soil at the top center of your pot and replace it with 'Fully water saturated seed starter". Then plant. This will eliminate the die off part, and help greatly with the germinating sprouting part. Stop in and say hi in my thread! We will get ya growing sucessfully. Thank poiboy for the hand off.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Couple of things.

First, I noticed you didn't have lime listed or any sort of liming agent. With a peat based mix, that can be a huge problem. The lack of worms is telling in that regard. If they can, they will abandon a low pH environment. If not, it can kill them.

Second is the neem. There is a warning on the Neem Resource site about neem being very detrimental to seeds, seedlings, small plants and such. I forgot that warning and lost an entire garlic crop. It's not an idle caution.

No experience with growstones. Do they actually provide adequate aeration? They sound more like a hydro medium, but IDK.

HTH

Wet

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was in a somewhat similar situation to yours, and @Organic sinse 's thread helped me a ton.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank for all the replies !!! The growstone is like pumice but almost as light as perlite. It’s recycled glass that is porous

10. I had my soil bed for almost three years same soil.. But I did notice that it gets bettwr with time
    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info.

Wet

12. @Organic sinse and @wetdog hit the nail on the head.
    A. use starting mix for seedlings, especially since your soil contains neem as it can inhibit plant growth at very young age.
    B. you need lime in your mix, unless you just forgot to list it in your ingredients.

• Agree Agree x 1