No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. young and mature coconuts both have water in them, there is never milk inside coconuts. "coconut milk" is made from blending the meat with water.
    [​IMG]

btw someone already tried using the meat instead of SST and it didnt work.

• Like Like x 11
  2. I know less than nothing about using coconuts for anything other than eating but I came across this earlier and seemed interesting:
    COCONUTS AREN'T ANIMALS, SO HOW THE HECK DO YOU MAKE COCONUT MILK?
    The short method: shred a freshly opened coconut's meat, simmer in water to extract the coconut's flavor, and strain out the pieces. Let the liquid separate into a fat-rich cream layer and a thin “skim” layer.

I SEE RECIPES CALLING FOR COCONUT MILK, OTHERS FOR COCONUT WATER, AND SOME FOR COCONUT CREAM. SOMETIMES I'LL EVEN SEE "CREAM OF COCONUT." WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
    Coconut Water: The much-touted coconut water comes from unmature, green coconuts. It’s high in potassium, making it a popular choice for athletes. Aside from just hydration, coconut water can be used for sorbets and salad dressings (see chef Harold Dieterle of Petrilla and Kin Shop's raw broccoli salad with coconut water).

Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is an emulsion of two fluids: coconut cream and coconut water. At cooler temperatures, coconut milk separates into its components, and the cream rises to the top (to keep the milk emulsified, work with it at room temperature). This is the workhorse Thai ingredient—pour some into a simmering curry as you're finishing the dish.

Coconut Cream: Coconut cream provides the body to coconut milk; it's also sold on its own. It's thicker and higher in fat than the water, making it a rich addition to sauces. It can also be used as a cooking fat (Ann Redding, founder of Uncle Boon's, uses it to fry spices.) Coconut cream should not be confused with cream of coconut, which is coconut cream with added sugar. (Cream of coconut's rich flavor is generally best in desserts or tropical drinks; it's not ideal for curry dishes.)

source

• Like Like x 7
  3. Scooby..right on for that.
    Lemme reword ;) meant the nutrients that we want is more rich in the young coconut. After the coconut has matured its a lot low on what were lookibg for.
    Right on for the tutorial too BOMB..

• Like Like x 4
  4. That's what I have a small trowel with a straight blade and a serrated side, works great even for cutting down big stalks in the veg patch.

• Like Like x 7
  5. So would watering with the coconut water that's in it be beneficial?

Smokeandflys' organics

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cows milk has been used on arable land and proven to increase crop yields by upto 30% or more. I know growers who swear by it.(I don't mean watering with 2 pints of milk instead of water,obviously) but mixed in at the right proportions it works.(and has anti fungal properties too) coconut milk isn't actually milk,but the water is just sugars and starch so can't imagine it would do any harm.

sent via racing snake

• Like Like x 2
  7. My thinking was if bas sells freeze dried coconut water then the water in my coconut has to be good, I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm right and how much to use per gallon

Smokeandflys' organics

• Like Like x 5
  8. Raw coconut water is the preferred choice. I use about 1/4 cup per gallon, once weekly or alternate with MBP.
    Very beneficial. It's a giant seed so it's full of enzymes and other goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 9
  9. Sweet I haven't had the chance to pick up any malted barley seed yet. Does the coconut water do the same?

Smokeandflys' organics

• Like Like x 1
  10. They each have their own benefits with the plant.

• Like Like x 2
  11. This has probably been discussed before but is it OK to use alfalfa pellets from a feed store? I was thinking of soaking a half cup of them in distilled water and blending well, then top dressing with a slurry. Any wisdom is always appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The pellets are usually held together with molasses, they're fine to use. Some people prefer them

Smokeandflys' organics

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry I had to step back into work. BINGO TM, MUTHAFUCKIN BINGO! There's an abundance of nutrients, starches, amino shits, minerals, ughmm and hella more shit. Organiphile till I die ftw :love-m3j:!

Ive just started to use MBG, and the research is still fresh. Everyone is using it mainly because it speeds up harvest time ALOT. More reaearch on my part is needed though.

• Like Like x 5
  14. No coconut water contains cytokinins. MB is the enzyme power house.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. for?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Home brew shops or health food stores.
    You want 2 or 6 row pale or pils. 2 row pale is the most common.

seed = grain

• Like Like x 7
  17. I go to the local small Brewer
    And he's my bud. Great beer and great tea. Ak style
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.