No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. I bought a gallon of this stuff about a year ago. Honestly, I haven’t found it all that effective. Not only is it pricey, it also calls for using quite a bit. Even worse the recommended rates aren’t per gallon which is just a pain in the ass.
    RD

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. If you are trying to take care of thrips, neem oil is 100% ineffective. I swear they eat it and grow stronger!
    RD

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

3. So pyrethrin will work better?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bummer just bought a gallon myself... I've hitting them with sulfur but figured I could ad this in the mix to really jack them up. Outdoor is a whole different ball game lol!

• Like Like x 4
  5. All in all its shaping up to be a good season. First true outdoor for me with plants in the ground. Things were shakey starting off, but I've learned a lot because of the set backs and they're cranking right a long now. Just gotta kick these mites asses and keep up on the IPM going forward. Im sure more things will come up but I'm up for the challenge. Thank you all for the help thus far. Much love no tillers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  6. That killed my thrips on contact

• Like Like x 4
  7. Whoa dude. Stop right there.

Do not mix oils and sulfur! You will fuck up your plants!
    RD

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Here’s what the damage will look like. This is pretty minor damage. Had sulfur burning in an adjacent room and I need to open the door during summer.

Im pretty sure the bottle of wettable sulfur has warnings to avoid using oils for a week or so after using sulfur. Mixing the two intentionally just may have the potential to kill a plant.
    RD
    FDE453B1-EDA7-472B-8CF0-44B0BBC188C7.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Spinosad is effective. My problems are more with spider mites, but I have been doing better as of late bombing the fuckers in veg with neem karanja/neem oil, EOs, and yucca along with keeping up with my ipm. Flower I rely on predator mites.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1

10. @vostok will tell you he's used neem up until 1-2 weeks before harvest with no effects if im not mistaking. Please correct if im wrong

I'm going to start neem once a week from veg up until the stretch. May do a soil drench once a week the last few weeks for fungus gnats.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Broke down and went authentic

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Is the thermal pad required to mount the driver on the board?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Great choice man I couldn’t be any happier with my HLGs i got a 550 and 2 QB 100 year 2 and they’re still blazin like the sun! I think you’ll be very happy when you see the results of the zymes i dont reccomend products unless they really worked for me. I got the free samples because i was skeptical but got the gallon shortly after. Not only did it wipe out mildew for me my plants were praying and gave them a beautiful clean sheen. It smells like a rainstorm after you spray. I use it every week or 2 now as part of my IPM and the gallon has lasted me quite some time i use 1 oz per qt spray bottle for most situations i think its more like a 1.5-2 oz for full on infestations. Check out the praying plant below sprayed with dr. zymes that morning right before sunrise. IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4103.JPG IMG_4131.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Nice garden man! keep pushing brother! Dont forget to Alternate your ipms. Stay on top of em you’ll get rid of em eventually. Maybe try some companion herbs next season. I got an herb bed with mint, thyme, parsley, rosemary, basil, sage, dill, oregano etc... i put 2 plants in there every season and those 2 plants literally do not need any IPM. Tested the theory last year no sprays all season and no bugs aside from slugs but slug magic takes care of those. Dont underestimate the power of permaculture the herbs not only deter pests but will attract predators and benificials. Goodluck bro!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thermal pad needed to mount driver directly on the QB?

Also. Its been a few years. But do buds typically form like this 13 days from switch to 12/12?!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. I’ve never seen the driver attached directly to the QB... I’ve always constructed a simple frame out of aluminum channel from the hardware store using self tapping sheet metal screws. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  17. I have a local friend who was growing his ricks pupil and other similar strains. He gave me some samples and I wasn’t impressed compared to others he had from different breeders. I think he is really good at marketing and creating a community by interacting with his fans. He has a serious following but I wasn’t impressed with the pupil stuff and that is what helped skyrocket his popularity. It’s pretty but I didn’t notice any effects smoking it. I think this grower has eventually moved on to other breeders.

there’s this breeder a couple people really like called Med Tree Seeds and his flower pics look way better than what I see coming from Mass Med. he’s been breeding for a while and is from ICmag.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hell yeah thanks! The plan was to do that with the soil thats around each plant but they've been slow coming up and I think the birds got a lot of the seed I laid down lol.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Damn birds i love seeing the cardinals,hawks, blue jays and robins around the yard but last year they stole all the strawberries this year iused bird netting and kept birds out the patch but chipmunks and ants and stuff still got a ton. One of these years ill get a good strawberry harvest

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Any idea what may be causing a slight downward taco curl to the fan leaves?

• Like Like x 1