No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. I know info online can be confusing but the recipe is solid,I have had stellar results with drainage,worms,good pests and healthy plants from day one.
    Not one leaf has been bitten in months.
    I built the soil to a tee using a full cup of amendments,BU compost,pummice,8 cups per RD and 9 cups per of BC.

My plants have Blumats,they get weekend rotations of MBP then Kelp/alfalfa tee and every weekend an Ipm neem/silica/aloe,Tuesday’s ipm is a mist of BT/Aloe/silica,Thursday’s ipm is potassium bicarbonate/Aloe/silica.
    I use 1/2 strength silica every use.
    I have fresh Aloe but cheat with liquid and powder sometimes when I’m lazy.
    Im outdoors so that’s why I need the additional mid week ipm’s.

My guess from the look of your plants is maybe the fulvic accumulation is warping still but they look ok,at some point they should just take off and blow you away with vigorous growth.
    FWIW if I were you I would use light bimonthly mbp one weekend then alternate light Kelp and water only as needed keeping the top moist,get some worms in there and also top with some quality VC.
    Your plants have had a hard road,ease there stress by slowly building the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I cant be-leave them LOL. Its 600hps yes and it's around 2ft now. Temps between 68-70 at night to 77ish day. Humidity 50% ish sometimes up and down. never over 60 under 40. I have been doing a lot of pruning actually as they bush out on the lower growth, like an early lollipop. Maybe too overzealous again, I haven't done it all at once but slowly over a few weeks. Keeping a thin, wide canopy and removing some lower stuff that is full shaded.

I've got a few small leaf bites, nothing concerning. Can't spot any pests though. I was thinking about getting blumats too, and I have to get an IPM system worked out ASAP too. That's been last on my list, I saw some predatory mites from the compost we used and delayed figuring it out lol. I have also top dressed MBP last week, and kelp/alf tea. Since then I gave water only as I thought maybe the soil was hot.

Thanks for all the info folks, I'll copy this all down

3. heres some shots of the various screwing around I did via early LST, top/fimming, pruning etc

Attached Files:

4. Part of the IPM of foilar feeding comes from the plant getting what it needs strait through the leaf stomata,which is a great supplement especially when your root system has been compromised and plant stunting has occurred which I believe you have had.

Additional FF,s always using Aloe and Silica can help your plants thrive when mixing with Kelp as well.

The IPM’s imo are critical in that they allow your plants immune system to build up and resist pests and disease later in the cycle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I tend to agree since the higher the humidity, the more problems I've encountered. But in this article anyway, Mastering VPD Control for Plentiful Harvests, they point out the pathogen dangers that can exist with higher humidity. Controlling VPD may be more of a technique for experts in large scale operations than people like us. Well, like me anyway.

The article concludes, "In perfect conditions, a grower will bring the cannabis crop through the vegetative stage with low VPD and high relative humidity. As the plants enter into the flowering stage, Vaughn suggests gradually moving the plants into moderate and then into high VPD. A dryer climate is essential during the flowering stage to prevent mold, mildew and other pathogens from taking hold." I can agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #13886 tejashidrow, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    I find that to be very sound advise.
    But
    Not allways correct.
    My garden blooms year round in a 65-75% humidity level.
    How ever I have lots of ventilation on 24/7
    Never have had a mold/mildew issue
    So I’m leaning tward yep growing in hi humidity can be done well as long as the gardener keeps on top of things.
    While keeping on top of things in a hi hu envierment is do able in a smaller garden, it could be a hassle in a large scale grow.
    From what I gather
    The plant will grow /bloom just fine in hi humidity.
    It’s just that mold/mildew and pests like hi humidity also
    Oooh yeah forgot....
    Hi humidity will mean the garden will use up carbon filters much more faster also

• Like Like x 2
  7. wednesday to today... Pretty certain now this is 4 different strains (mixed bag out of 12-16 varieties). 3 indica 1 sativa maybe.

Had to reorganize, too crowded in that cranny! They are just givin 'er in this mix. Seeing a little clawing maybe and a slight bit of yellow tips here (1/8th inch ish) and there but nothing alarming. They seem happy! Thanks for all the advice here everyone!

Added a cpl more showing more of the results of early stripping/topping stuff I did. Seemed to work really well, bushed them out nice. Some crazy branching on that one

Attached Files:

8. Should I be training these branches to their own areas? There's 4-6 tops per, I shoudl be able to spread them out, or should I just let them grow like this for a while now?

9. Early training is the best training is my mantra.

10. Is it just me or is your grow in the middle of a bedroom or living room?

11. Yep. Small bedroom. Humidity has been fine, nowhere else to do it. Also not big on the tent idea, too crowded for me. I made a bunch of mylar baffles that do the trick. I dunno, I like the idea of open room better. Looks nice, easier to work around.

• Like Like x 1
  12. For me: I freak out when see more than 50% RH in flower. I most certainly can find mold with a scope. It may just be me and the amount of air flow for my space. In veg I find the best growth with 50+ % RH. And higher temps are ok too. Just my observations.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. i think they liked the alfalfa a bit

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. How big is the plant in comparison?

15. #13895 Notillerson, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    They were on the smaller side at the time and had just pulled through major issues. All were stunted early and have recovered. Bout 1ft high 1 ft wide (post fimming). Leaf was definitely much too big for the plant far as I thought, they've since normalized. Still gotta hold onto that first giant fan ya grow right? Lol..

16. Tip from my just-realized mistake: Don't forget it if you're using alfalfa hay as mulch. You won't be wondering so long why your plants were overfed LOL

17. They really enjoyed the nitrogen then. And if it's growing large fan leaves like that then she is preparing for a large growth spurt. The fan leaves are the solar panels, so if she was already stunted and then you trimmed stuff back she's just putting out what she needs. I'm assuming she's in veg still right?

18. Yea I'll grab a pic today if possible again. I think I might have 3/4 males :frown: possibly 4/4 males even, but possibly 2/2. Hard to say yet the preflowers are still small, no hairs yet though cept maybe on one, and maybe some sets of balls on 2. Was mixed bag, mixed seed anyway, b-grades. No worries!

Got alien rift to pop next :weed:

19. males have their place. I would love to find a male right now to get one of the girls pregnant. have an auto that's in flower that would just be awesome if I could breed it. But sadly no males on this end with any breeding potental.

20. You’d be one freaky summaabeach if you checked my garden daily!!!

:jump::confused_2::ey::smoking-banana: