No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. #13701 ocitown, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    IMG_5232.PNG IMG_5231.PNG
    This is the "Instant pot".
    It's an electric pressure cooker with fuzzy logic adjustable temperature and timed shut off.
    Would need to use a vegi rack to keep jars off the bottom and vacuum bags from blocking the top.

At sea level it should go 15 psi which would be a very solid 250F.,but most have some altitude so that would prolly bring temps to the optimum 240F.

This temp is created by pressurized water and would be Very Consistant,I believe consistency is what we're looking for here yes?

Anyone see tha "Nova" decarbonizer?
    It's completely sealed and runs a true 240 I believe.

2. Ya, that's exactly what I do when I decarb in the oven. Lay the prob just under the top layer of weed but off the bottom of the pan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I've looked into it a bit. I like the idea but it sure doesn't hold very much. Maybe that's just the sacrifice you make for a more consistent decarb. Last I looked it seemed like they weren't up front with what temps they were using in that machine.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I came here to also say this. I'm planning to get an 8 qt Instant Pot next week during Black Friday sales. From what I have been reading across various forums regarding the usage of Instant Pots being perfect for decarbing, I think Instant Pots will soon be considered the gold standard when it comes to decarbing, at least for homegrowers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was thinking it has serious potential for that.

It's also a nice cooker for fast meals.
    Can also be used like a slow cooker with Percision digital temperature adjustment.

I use a cheap stove pressure cooker but would love a reason to switch to the IP.

6. Like one oz I think.

Those consistent temps are important.

7. Has anyone built a sip setup using a watering bottle set up like a 5 gallon sparklets,an upside down self feeding?

Just smaller,great to monitor quantitys or vacations.

8. #13708 Sc00byD00bie, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Not an inverted bottle but I did have a swick setup with a float valve and an elevated 5gallon bucket, which worked great but took a lot of space. These days I have the same bucket only with surface blumats instead of the float valve as they have a much smaller footprint then you need to setup a float valve.

For the blumats I cut a square piece of foam and on top I put a piece of synthetic fabric (get something that doesnt hold water too much, a scotch brite pad is perfect).
    [​IMG]
    The height of the top layer of fabric/scotch bright will determine the water level. The bottom layers can be anything as long as it cant hold water and transfer it to the top layer, so foam, plastic, a glass plate...etc

Then just put the surface blumat on top, you can see the water level stops at the blumat)
    [​IMG]
    (I actually added another layer of the green foam to get the sensor a bit higher)

Then I filled the space with hydroton/lava rocks
    [​IMG]

Fabric pots go on top and thats it. Water gets wicked up the lava rocks and through the fabric to the soil.
    [​IMG]

Plants grow super fast this way. I'm literally trimming every other week, even with a 5.5/1/5.5/12 light schedule and lights on low.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Very nice!
    I have been thinking about a solution to keeping my lil 2'x2' fountain full,a float valve is just not practical in that small a space but a BM would work.

What is the ceramic you are using there?

10. #13710 Notillerson, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Officially in my first no-till pots.. 15 gal. I need mulch now lol. Was happy to see worms still rippin around in at least 1 of them when I transplanted (3 weeks after mix). Didn't buy any, so they either came from the compost or the worm castings I got for free as a bonus w/ another order - they had some live worms in them lol. Found that bizarre since they were in sealed bags through the mail, but there they were. I Hope theyve been reproducing.

Check out my sweet bed-frame-standing-on-end light stand bahaha.

This is day 30 from seed. Lots of mishaps in the first month so they are pretty behind but healthy.

Attached Files:

11. It's called a surface blumat
    Surface Mounting Blumat

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. That’s cool! I just received my blumats in the mail the other day. I got 4 maxi carrots and 20 distribution drippers for a 4x4 bed. Still haven’t received the bed yet. But I’m sure it will be here soon. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  13. That's what my 200 has,its that size and I believe it's just right.
    Takes a bit to dial in for the weekend top dress top drench but once dialed it's DONE!

Took me about two or three weeks.
    Did you also order the 9" meter?

• Like Like x 1
  14. #13715 Notillerson, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Suggestions on lights for 4x4 area? Have 600mw meizhi I'm using right now.. not gonna cut it I don't think.

15. Nice, but since I saw there blusoak drip tape. I’ve been wanting to try it...lol. I don’t have the meter yet, but I’m sure I will get one soon. I’ve been upgrading my rooms the last couple of months. @Notillerson I just bought some of HLG’s 260w XL lights for my 4x4 spaces about a month or two ago. I’m running two per 4x4 area and at the moment I have them dimmed down. They are plenty of light for a 4x4 area. I haven’t flowered with them yet. But I can’t say anything but good things about them and I’m sure they will do great for flower. I got the 3000k’s

• Like Like x 2
  16. I received my 4x4 moisturelock bed today. :yay: After getting it and putting it together. I realized I didn’t have anymore rock dust for my new soil. Good thing the glacier isn’t too far and all it took was a bucket, shovel and a nice drive. :metal: Already started mixing it up

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Buddy offered me two 600w HPS w/ ballasts, excellent large hoods, extra bulbs, for $200 CAD.... Im all over that, must be over $600 of equipment. I decided to go w/ both for the extra coverage and space it will give the plants even though 1 would suffice.. pictured how i have it set up now vs how i would organize it (though the lights would be spread out wider) it seems like a no-brainer.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oh yea.. Anyone in Canada - check craigslist for gear etc. I'm seeing massive amounts of what I can only assume are black market growers firesaling their shit. I just saw a guy selling 380 bottles of nutes for like less than 1/4 the list price per bottle.. And you didn't have to buy as a lot, you could buy single bottles. Last week, a full on RV converted into a stealth grow. Seems a lot of black market producers are straight up cutting their losses and running. Lots of deals out there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. #13720 Notillerson, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    and for the record I'm glad a lot of them are calling it.. having trimmed a bit I saw some really gross shit that made me realize the kind of shit i've actually been ingesting along w/ the weed for a long long time. Not fit for human consumption bud boost type shit, the sprays, powdery mildew infestations.. I got real mad one day when i saw one of these nute bottles being used, quit because i felt fuckin corrupt being involved in what i thought was medicinal/beneficial, being essentially poisoned with this garbage they were using for higher yield. I realized none of them cared, at all, about the health implications to anyone who would consume it, it wasn't about producing medicine despite acting like it, only about how much money they made personally. And me and everyone I know have been smoking that kind of shit for basically ever. Sucks to realize.

I'm really glad to be producing my own now. One issue I ran into last night (contemplating the cleanest product possible) was potential dangers of neem. Seems cannabis absorbs and stores azadirachtin. Out of everything I put in the mix, I've still wondered about neem.

Steemit

anyone know more about this?

• Like Like x 1