No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. #13621 tejashidrow, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    I never heard of these moisturelock living soil pots till I saw this post..
    I’ve had been having a problem with my 15 gallon airport drying around the outside edges.
    About 6 months ago I grabbed some black plastic garden sheeting I found in the shed.
    I wrapped that plastic around the airport, then useing binder clips, to hold the plastic along the top edge
    Bungeed corded Around the airport at the bottom to hold the plastic sheeting down.
    Just so happened the peice of plastic was a little short and left a 2-3 inch gap at the bottom of the pot.
    Problem solved!!
    And I didn’t know that gap at the bottom is actually beneficial !!
    Learn some thang new every day.
    And added bonus:
    Flip up the arms of the binder clips and ya got a handy tie off place for LST!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Great idea tejashidrow! I’ll have to do that to my 15-20gal pots. I have some black and white poly sitting around. Thanks. I was looking into how I could make there bed when they told me shipping was going to be expensive...lol. I think I found there waterproof fabric that is sewn in the sides. It looks like it’s ProCare’s food safe/ medical grade fabric that’s sold on amazon. I was going to have a friend sew them up for me. But I have only heard good things about the quality of there pots and figured I can’t compare home made vs there product. So I’m glad they called me back and I could get it shipped. I also like the added depth they have to there beds. Makes me want to use Blue jays old method of putting lava rocks in the bottom of the bed just for added air.

3. Next time I purchase airports it will be from these guys for sure.

4. Quick update.. no purple plants this time lol. The best one (square pot) is in sunshine #4/promix mixed now (from backyard soil), the others were still just transplanted into backyard soil. For lack of anymore better stuff. These things have been put through multiple layers of harsh shit so far, and most look rough. Overfed (organics at least), probably overwatered some, bad environment. Don't laugh at me LOL. At least I'm getting firsthand experience with a lot of issues and they're still somehow clinging to life or doing okay. Either transplanting these to cooking no-till pots in few weeks/month or I'll just get clones.

For the record I was too stoned and didn't consider looking up ratios for coconut water. I just thought "Oh, 'water', whatever I guess". So they all got.... well, a little drink of straight coconut water, quite a lot more than they should have, hence the burn I'm guessing. Oops.

5. Good morning.

I use Blumats,4 sensors and 20 drippers in a #200.
    Still workin to adjust them just perfect.
    My bi-monthly MBP and Neem/Kelp get watered in each weekend so it's a dance.

I also use Potassium bicarbonate on Tuesdays and BT on Thursdays.
    Every weekend top drench is about 1.5 gallons.

I use Agsil @1/4 tsp/Gal. with every top drench and every foliar feed/treatment.
    I also use 1/4tsp/Gal. Fullpower on weekend Neem foliar IPM's.

I also use 1/4 cup fresh Aloe per gallon for everything as well.

Plants look great!

My question,is there any changes that would be beneficial for the longevity of my soil?

• Like Like x 1
  6. In my opinion, which shouldn’t hold to much sway on your actions. Would be to not use the Potassium bicarbonate and BT every week. I would only use them when needed. I wouldn’t want to much salt from the pb getting into my soil and as far as the BT it’s just personal thing I guess. I only use BT when I get a bloom of fungus gnats and that hasn’t happened since I made my mulch layer thicker.

7. Pb is used specifically for PM which is most prevalent here in winter,recommended by local long time outdoor grower BNw.

Also BT is used for catapillers here,which will keep them at bay.
    Learned this the hard way,pulled about 50 near the 3 week flower this year,the BT saved me.

My garden may or may not have the ability to withstand cats,but I'm not about to try it with six big plants in a 200 after seeing first hand what does happen without it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Here is an example of another local outdoor grower who knows the importance of BT in our area.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Like I said in the beginning of my post don’t let my opinions change your actions. I’m still noob status to organic growing in my eyes. I grow indoors and it’s normally a dry (dryer than I would like) environment. When you wrote BT I was thinking Bacillus Thuringiensis...lol. If it’s safe and a good form of IPM keep on using it brother. As far as PM goes if it’s a constant battle I would look into amino acids. Harley Smith swears by it to stop PM from ever getting a foot hold due to the plant taking up more calcium.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_5216.JPG IMG_5215.JPG I just grabbed some Funkynetz.

Gonna use it to wrap the sides protecting colas from wind.

Also thinking SCROG.

Any ideas from the SCROG crowd to add this?

• Like Like x 1
  11. What's BT?

I've just picked up my 15 gals and they're about 1.5 almost 2 weeks cooked. Have sowed crimson clover several days ago however none popped up yet, maybe it was too hot still or too little sun outside atm. Seedlings are coming back really strong since transplant, which is good. Droop, stunting, yellowing and burn in various stages between diff strains, was eliminated over the past week. If there's any doubt in the resilience to organic feeds, well I just put mine through the grinder for the first month from seed and they're coming back strong. Probably overfed, overwatered, you name it. I'm sure if I was using bottled nutes, with equivalent amounts to what I accidentally overfed (...a couple times), they would all be toast right now.

Another question - handful of worms in each pot? Are they imperative from day 1 or can I get away with not having them for a few weeks ish

12. Yea no worries bro,and yes BT is Baccillus Thuringiensis.
    Both are ORMI listed and on the lowest end of fungicide/insecticide lists and a vital part of IPM in my area.

I will look into AA's.
    Thanx

• Like Like x 2
  13. Goddamn these pots all reek like crab right now LOL. Week or so ago it was alfalfa. Life is like the smell of a freshly cooking no till pot, you never know what you're gonna get.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Be aware that BT will burn your pistils at the recommended dose. I find it much easier on the pistils if I dilute the dose by 25% (still kills) but not let up on the frequency (1× week in flower no fail). Your buds will look better.
    If you have the $ mosquito netting works - tried it on one plant and there was no catties or eggs - just a little thrip damage.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cool,thanks for that tip.

I do have six new easyup 10'x10' zippered panels of mosquito nets,may try a couple.
    Seems it would suck up some sunshine though?

16. I use it now. I used to wash my outdoors girls off 2 times a week in veg. It would get rid of the eggs and moths would fly. But finally got tired of hand fighting the pillars and broke down and started using bt. Cali a must

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. Should I still top/fim @ 7th node if my plants are kinda stunted? Biggest one is growing 6th node, 7th popping out as well. However the videos I've been watching, their plants are all MUCH larger than mine @ the 7th node stage.. taller, wider, bigger stalks.

18. Stacking stress is never a good thing,once they take off top/fim stress won't be an issue and they should glide through.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mosquito or insect netting shades the sun about 20 - 25% which in our area may be a good thing. I always have a few nugs on the south facing side of the plants that go very amber before their time since the sun here has a very high uv rating - dont think a loss of some sun will hurt

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. My area this time of year is only ~6 hours of direct sun so I need all I can get here.

Nice thing about my plant is I can rotate it all around.