No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. IMG_5100.JPG Could this be happening from using 1-2tsp Agsil powder to one gallon of water FF'ing?

2. Harvested these two today. 45 gallon fabric pots. A 200 Gallon plant would swallow my yard. Both mains on each plant just shy of 9 ft. If I grew them bigger I couldn't have 6 plants - they wouldn't fit lol. Need variety!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Very nice!

How old and how tall were they when you put them outside to flower?
    Or did they veg awhile outside?

4. Try "Head and Shoulders"! :) kidding
    Its the method of combining the ingredients. You need to combine that amount of powder with say a pint of water. Shake it well and get it totally mixed, then add a pint of water at a time, mixing well each time, until you get to your 1 gallon.
    If you let this mixture rest, the powder will settle out within the mixture. Mix well and move fast.
    dig?
    That 2 teaspoons of powder still seems like a lot to me. I wouldn't spray stuff that strong too often.
    This might be just me, but I don't spray stuff with agsil thru my chapin. It doesn't work that well. I prefer to use a handheld pump up sprayer, that I can continually shake as I am using it. Its too hard to shake my chapin well enough to keep things combined. I would rather make 4 batches of a quart each and use a handheld, than a gallon once and use the chapin. Its more work but the results are what matters. I'm not a fan of the precipitate the agsil can leave behind.

cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thing is the first time this happened I was using a hand pump sprayer.

In fact,the Agsil mixed into108F water (bout 16oz.)blended 1Tbs Neem oil,1tsp Ful-Power and the 1/4 cup Aloe.
    Both times (I think I used only 1/2 TBS Neem the first)first in hand then in Chapin.

I do now see 1/2tsp powder is equivalent to 5ml properly mixed liquid for a full gallon of water.
    Although the BAS site said using 1-2 tsp per gallon had no ill effects.

6. All the same rules will apply when you drop down to the recommended dosage, you still have to work to keep the agsil mixed in. I still don't get why you would try to make things really difficult for yourself by using the powder, instead of just making a batch of the liquid protekt equivalent, and adding that. When you make the equivalent, you will learn about mixing the powder if you watch, wait, and see.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. #NoTill
    This is literally oil dripping off of my sugar leaves! :eek: IMG_20181022_011751.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Oh I do plan on mixing 148 grams Agsil per litter as well,there are several variables and only one issue with one solution which I will find.

All about the "learnin"

9. I'll start making one Change at a time,mix Agsil to a liquid.

Attached Files:

10. Glacial rock dust or granite dust will work just fine if you can't find basalt. ;)

P-

• Like Like x 3
  11. Start to finish outdoors.Seeds sprouted 4.1.18 outside on my balcony. Transplanted into 20 Gallons from Dixies 4.18.18. Transplant to 45 Gallons 7.3.18.
    Both were flowering by first week of August.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. 5ml is exactly one teaspoon in volume so no, If using the powder it would be much less then a teaspoon. You would have to do the math to figure out how much powder to use per gallons if you didn’t want to premix it. I’d say The white marks on your plant are definitely from overuse of silica. luckily silica is water soluble so you can just wash it off with a water only foliar.

• Like Like x 2
  13. First 3 are Pineapple Express, next four are Kosher x Tangie! Then a group shot and the next generation of ladies coming on line. Loving me some no-till! Thanks to the entire community for all the help along the way

1021181246.jpg 1021181249.jpg 1021181249a.jpg 1021181307.jpg 1021181310.jpg 1021181308.jpg 1019181832c.jpg 1021181323.jpg 1021181321.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  14. @ocitown I've been using agsil16 powder at the 1 tsp a gallon for about 10 months with no negative effect. Not every watering but every other I'd say. Sometimes I might only use a half tsp but thats pretty rare. I actually just eyeball these things for the most part. I havent measured my fulvic acid out since the 2nd or 3rd time I ever used it! Plants dont show any signs of slowing down.

I'd whip a loupe out and inspect for pests if it was me. Just my 2 cents!

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  15. #13315 ocitown, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Are you in So. Cal?
    So they can go outside and stay in veg here in So. Cal. from April?
    No extra light?

I guess my question is because mine are on 24/0 could I taper that down to say 16/8 to go outside and stay in veg till April?
    That's really what I want.
    Can they go out sooner or is it just too cold for vigorous growth?

16. A loop,for the film on leaves?

• Like Like x 1
  17. So yea,may not be Agsil related,def not pest related.
    It happened from some residue from my FF'ing,maybe too much Aloe.

I try to eyeball 1/4 cup per gallon,I filet so maybe I use too much?

18. Yes from seed the plants stayed vegging the whole time with no supplemental lighting. I'm in the LA area. Clones haven't worked well for me, I don't think going from indoors to outdoors here is ideal, just better to start from seed early and they'll get big enough no doubt.
    @BrassNwood does year round grows here in SoCal including the indoors to outdoors with a neato schedule all laid out for ya. Hopefully he'll pop in and share it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. He has helped a bunch,I do believe he uses clones only and they flower when they go outside.

He is south of you and I am south of him.

When is the earliest I can sprout outside to best use the 200?
    Guess I'll just get some smaller SP's for my clones and take them out to flower as they get too big indoors.

20. Are you saying that "film" rubs off with a little moisture on the fingertips?

That looks EXACTLY like thrip damage...

• Like Like x 1