No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Wow dude. That's quite a bit. I never use fresh aloe for foliar. Too dang hard to strain out. Clogs up the cheapo sprayers I use. Here's a pic of a plant after spraying w powdered aloe, Protekt, and neem. I emulsify everything with a blender. IMG_20181010_115502807.jpg

Sent from my XT1609 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Great Looking set up,you have got some great indoor space bro!

I do have some x200 Aloe and I will try that as a control test next FF which I believe i can do anytime I want yes?

And FYI,Now using Agrowinn RD and at 8 cups per cubic foot,that comes out to exactly 5 lbs.
    Not cheap at $1/Lb.

3. Using Black Owl BC @ 7 cups per.
    I dry mix 7 cups of Malibu in well then add water to cover/thin and mix again well when I first start making a batch of NT.
    Stirring occasionally,gets a short time together,is this enough to "activate" it?

4. IMG_5102.JPG IMG_5103.JPG Loving these recycled plastic crates!
    Filling the #200,bout 8 ft.³ of the 20 ft.³ now,maybe more!
    They roll just over 1" off the deck.
    They roll super easy on 4" locking urethane swivel casters.

• Like Like x 4
  5. I run 1 cup per cubic foot of rock dust. Partially due to economy and partially because I dislike how heavy it can make the soil...poor drainage.

I also have zero biochar in my mix. Economy again dictated this. I also like to roll without all the bells and whistles. If enough soil is provided to the plants very lil is needed. I have made around 10 gallons of biochar and I innoculated half of it w neem and kelp and water and let it sit a few weeks. The other 5 gallons was added to the worm bin over time.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  6. 10 cups of RD and zero aeration?

Sounds like a soil for SP's outside in a VERY dry/hot climate?!

7. How deep are those 500's?
    Where is the depth sweet spot if there is one?

8. I run 24/0,do I have any worries using Neem spray?
    Using LED's.

9. @ocitown
    Try using equal parts of agsil to neem. I quit using agsil as my emulsifier for the reason of “white powder spots”. Nothing bad happened, just wasnt staying mixed. Warm to hot water helps too. I now use Dr Bronners soap as an emulsifier instead of agsil, it brings more to the table in the ipm department, than agsil.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  10. 2 lbs/$30 later,guess I can still use it for watering in MBP?

Gonna try using the same but x200 Aloe first,then if it is still there I'll go to that soap.

Thank you so much!!

11. IMG_5105.JPG Here is some of the BEST lazy Sunday therapy there is right there!

12. They are 2ft. deep. The smaller one is 16" deep, I built it instead of using a smart pot to save vertical space.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Do you find plants use all 2'?
    Do you feel one plant would benefit from using a full 200 gallons?
    Prolly based on variables like size of plant/time plant could be successfully vegetated?
    If a single plant was vegged 7 or 10 months/75% in the 200 what would you think its height and base diameter could be outdoors in So. Cal.?

14. 5ml Agsil (equal to ProTekt) ( per gallon )

Is this the same thing as1tsp Agsil powder?

15. I don't have the recipe on hand, but I think 1 tsp of the powder concentrate is a lot!
    Whenever anyone on here says they are using x amount of agsil, they mean the equal to protect mixed amount.
    I have always made the equal to protekt amount, scaled down to like a pint of water. I keep this in a bottle with a squirt type of top ( cause its real easy to fill a teaspoon that way). I then shake the living shit out of the bottle before using, in order to get the precipitate back into the mixture.
    Another tip for mixing neem I mentioned is warm water. I use like 100 degree F water. I also put all the ingredients in a warm spot before mixing, ie neem and agsil. The higher temps all the away around help keep everything emulsified in addition to being easier to emulsify in the first place. Cool some neem oil to 55 F sometime and look at how thick/solid it becomes.
    At least for me, there was a learning curve to mixing neem oil, you will get it.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  16. 22 feet by 15 across! Lol.

You crack me up man! What's with the big plant obsession?
    RD

17. Tried to add 2 quotes plus yours to show where my confusion is,I'll add them if it won't post now.

18. This says use 2tsp Agsil powder.

19. What I was doing.

20. Like I said,I have always wanted to grow a big tree,it's on my bucket list!