No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. yes sir! They’ve grown 4x times as tall this year outside, shame I’ll have to bring bring them back inside for the winter months.

Prolly 2-3 years. Would be a few years longer if you wanted them to regularly produce Neem seeds which we use for pressing into Neem Oil and the byproduct, Neem cake is mixed into the soil.

I planted Soap Nut tree seeds a few weeks ago, but it takes 4 months to germ, and 10x years to start producing soap nuts that I can use. Nature isn’t in a hurry to do anything...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Also the horsetail and comfrey,how long would one take to be used for our uses?

How many of each (3) would be recommended to eventually be used and cycled for regular use?

3. I plan on growing the neem trees as large as possible, wanting to eventually plant in ground outside. The Comfrey and Horsetail you don’t need much of because they’ll spread on their own, so be careful where you plant them. Unless you get the bocking 14 Comfrey that doesn’t spread, you’ll need to propagate that through root cuttings. And they’re ready for use soon as they start pumping out lots of leaves. Just cut, wash, drop around your cannabis plants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks like you use the 14 which won't take over,is that what happens?
    Are both able to grow in flats or pots well?

On another topic,I just got my first 300 worms (RW) and added a pinch maybe 10-20ish to each NT pot about 4-5" down under the hey mulch,is this enough?
    Also,my pots are 6 gallon wide and my plants are ~12"/4 weeks old being LST ATM to go for the winter under LED's (~6 months) till they go outdoors to much larger pots to veg several more months.
    My question is with NT and small root systems now,should I water every two days just the root ball area or the whole living pot.
    Seems these are much heavier than my dead soil grows where I could let them go several days and they love that but these are not dead at all.

Still have 1/2 about 150 worms,can I just bed them in a small SP with NT soil and feed them MBP keeping them moist in the shade?

I've never used worms before but love the idea of them working for my soil!

5. It is B14 Comfrey and it should be grown outside in the ground.

Just need a few worms to get things going in the pots and they’ll handle the rest over time. Few months from now you’ll pull your mulch back and see a ton!

With watering a large soil mass it’s best to have some kinda way to gauge how moist the soil is. I use this meter.
    [​IMG]
    I also use Blumat irrigation which takes all the guess work out and supplies water to my soil as needed, 24/7.
    [​IMG]

You can start a worm farm in just about any container, just be careful not to add to much liquids or things that break down to mostly water and have some air flow/ drainage holes.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Very nice indeed!

My plan is to use the Bulmat maxi once these go in big SP's outside in March,may just get the 6 PAC of Maxie's and add one to each 6 gallon now with the pressure regulator,when I set up the 50 gallon pots in March can I just use one maxi with added slave feeders?

Using one of those soil moisture meters in just one pot should be good as long as all pots get the same watering and plants are similar in size yes?
    Is Amazon the best place for the meter?

Thanx for all your support!

7. I would suggest getting multiple carrots per pot, I use 4x in a 200gal pot. Then each carrot has 3x drippers every 20cm. It’s on the back of the blumat equipment box how to setup these.

I have one meter and 5x 200gal pots. I move it around to each pot randomly to check and make sure moisture levels are in the acceptable ranges and I don’t need to make adjustments. It takes 10mins to adjust once moved to give an accurate reading.

I personally get just about everything from Amazon, but that’s because I’m lazy and want it in 2 days! You might be able to get it for a few bucks cheaper on another site.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #13108 ocitown, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    You have x4 in each 200,mine will prolly be only 50 but I'll do the math,I'm guessing 2 carrots with 2 slave dripper's (carrot extenders if you will).
    And don't get me wrong,I love saving $$ but I'm just too addicted to PRIME!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Should be good to go man! Good luck!

10. When adding MBP top dress in 6 gallon pots,is it best to go under the hay mulch or is on top fine?
    I read 1/4 cup per plant but every grower uses different sized pots,that's 4Tbs per,should I use 2 Tbs for my sized pots?

11. Seems my 6 gallon pots with small plants based on MOFO's post would use about 2-3 cups every other day and that's after a week or two.
    They were watered with about a gallon when potted,then two days later another.

12. With the way you explain it, it sounds like your pot sizes are going to be small for that amount of time, I've tried the same thing in 7 gallon fabric pot for 6 month veg and took her outside to 100 gallon pots and they seemed to be stunted for a while from being root bound in the small pots although the ones I put in the ground turned into 5lb + monsters topping once when I brought them outside and once right before flower

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Depending on what led lights you have you could definitely have a bigger bush than you expected lol

14. Just use 1/4 cup per plant every two weeks. Once outside, you can sprinkle 1/2 cup around the pot under the mulch. Most people around here started out strong on the MBG once a week and now we’re getting the same results with using it every two weeks. Watering in with something like Aloe or Yucca Extract and a touch of Ful-Power (1 tsp per gal or less) should give you great results!

15. That may well be and I am prepared to increase if needed.
    These are being trained and topped and are also under only LED's so my thinking is it will be close but with a 10 month total veg a short stunt is the least of my worries.....especially if I get even close to your yield!

Great # my friend!
    These are questionable clones from a questionable source but I am still grateful!

16. I built a quad qb120 set up,only 200watts but a quality 4000k unit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. This will be my go to

For a while each plant will get only 2-3 cups at watering,seems that won't dissolve all that MBP.
    Can the MBP be mixed/dissolved in the water first or will my worms use the rest as their food?
    Thanx again

18. How many plants are you working with?
    And i would definitely recommend putting those mature plants in the ground instead of 50 gal pots, or at least get 100 gallon. Believe me you won't be disappointed.
    If you go in ground though make sure you have plenty of drainage for any rain storms that might happen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have 6 but I'm not opposed to cutting that number down during the first 6 months.
    My limited full sun is what bothers me for ground planting but maybe I'll just try one there.
    I could go 100 but prolly need to limit that to only 3 and on a pallet with wheels because they will be on my deck.

Planning on Blumat Maxi,any thoughts on those in 100's?
    Some use 4 per but isn't there some slave dripers instead of all carrots?