No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. I doubt that clover is going to be beneficial in any sort of way for this situation, the roots just wouldn't get thick enough or deep enough.

What I would suggest, if these are to be long term soils is, after harvest, dumping each container and remix using aloe water and adding some perlite at the same time, along with any amendments that need repleneshing. The small size of the perlite really helps with making small pockets for O2 in the mix. I know you've added other aeration, but imagine it's on the chunky side (like 1/4" or larger), and doesn't loosen the soil as well. You'll see what I mean as you remove the mix AFA the density. The remixing will also break up the dry spots and get them to start accepting water. After all this gets corrected, then treat it as a no till and let it be.

I know this seems contrary to a no till, but it has to be fixed and the soil web isn't that much established ... yet. Get it right and you'll enjoy many runs as a no till.

Till harvest, using aloe in your water is your best option for the moment for the hard soil and the dry spots.

You'll be fine, I usually reamend/remix everything smaller than 15/20 gallons and the soil web has done just fine.

Wet

• Like Like x 3
  2. What kind of larvae or bugs are these? Are they good or bad?

Attached Files:

3. If that’s in your mulch layer, then it’s soil mites, they break down organic matter, just part of the soil food web, nothing to worry about except for seedlings, they mess with those sometimes.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 5
  4. some girlscout crack 20180901_094543.jpg and sour diesel 20180901_094535.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  5. #12925 Jay_R_1787, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    should be last time I'm running the 7 gallon pots....hopefully be growing again in January with 30 gallon pots...they look like shit, p and k deficiency. sour diesel was hungry for more N but I neglected to get over there. overall I got four 7 foot strings strung up with nice colas. smelly stuff the diesel is.. burnt rubber skunk with well...diesel fuel hints. tasty stuff as well. I'm really looking forward to trying more medical seeds strains they seem to have really good genetics.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Perfect. This is my mulch layer. I top dressed with barley earlier in the day, they must be feasting lol. Thanks a lot!

• Like Like x 2
  7. 2CFEC7AE-2E05-447E-9BEB-B38C1AF83157.jpeg D2C37798-033A-482E-A0BA-5F19725C6B15.jpeg Just wanted to give a big shoutout to Coot and everyone else on here! Thank You for reminding me what growing is supposed to be, first indoor organic / no till grow for the last 5 years and they look fantastic!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nice jungle you got goin on there :)
    Welcome to GCO! :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  9. I know this isnt the sick plant thread but ive been growing the mofo way for a while now and I've never seen this type of nutrient deficiency I've been watering with protekt and fulpower every other water and coconut water the opposite water maybe throw a compost tea in there with some molasses every now and then but it is acting like a nitrogen deficiency any help would be greatly appreciated if most certainly gunna have to cut this one down but it seems to be spreading to the other plants... Help!

Attached Files:

10. Just one plant?

The true test: my first no-till.

11. One plant that has been pretty yellow since the flip and got gradually worse, but the other ones have been yellowing from the bottom up and some big leaves on the top as well, I hit them with nitro bat quano 4 days ago and it seemed to slow the yellow but leaves are still becoming yellow, droopy and falling off with barely a tug, so I hit them with super nitro last night... Should probly notice some new funky growth when lights come back on but I just want the yellow to stop

12. Your first fertilizer application was prolly enough, especially during flower. It will take a week or more depending on the plant for it to green back up and usually happens in the newer growth versus greening back a yellowed out leaf.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. I couldn't believe it dried out all the buds too, major nitrogen deficiency, next time I think I'm gunna add either some alfalfa or bone meal to add some nitrogen in the mix, I think a big part of it was I let the plants get too big in 7 gallon pots

14. Just a thought on ya plant billy check it for bud rot.

Only time ive seen a plant dry its buds and other parts still green its been a touch of bud rot. I hope it not but double check it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. yep...roots need room to uptake nutrients as well...7 gallon is ok size but I'm switching to 30 gallon bags in January.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bud rot as in mold? I'm not quite sure how to check for bud rot I guess

17. Well cut a bit off is it grey next if you crack it and you get a smokey mist thats mold spores so dont do it in the grow cut a bit off and do it outside you dont want spores everywhere if it is rot or mold cull the plant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  18. check inside the buds for fuzzy gray/white stuff

• Like Like x 1
  19. K thanks guys hoping it's not mold, scary stuff, outside crop already lost due to all the mold

20. Well checked the buds they are sticky as all hell but no powder or fuzzy white, it seems to be spreading to the plant next to it though the very tips of the top colas are turning brown and drying up :( I took more pictures but it's hard to tell with the HPS.

Attached Files: