No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Sure there will be big corporations dominating the scene. But we are Californians and we ALWAYS have a market for finely crafted artisan goods. It's just a matter of time until we have some ultra high premium non gmo local organic dry farmed oak cured cannabis lol

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I've been thinking that the arc of legal weed will be similar to that of beer. An eventual recognition by the masses that size of operation and quality of product are related. Time will tell!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I dont know if you have attempted this or not, or even wish to spend the time and attention on but you can take legal action against this person for unauthorized advertisement of person or name. Smells like a certainty to winning a pretty hefty lawsuit and even bankrupting this "Jeremy's" business for using your name to generate sells without your permission. Just word for thought. I'm only 39 pages into this thread and look forward to reading the rest, learning as much as i can. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Squash is not good always gets pm. Speaking of which. People say that squash's pm is unique to that species of plant. Does anyone know if this is true. I just cut all my squash outside down because it was getting tons of pm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I.I.R.C there are thousands of strains of pm and yes they are unique to most plants, so you would normally be safe to keep your squash as far as I understand.

Are you doing any sprays for pm prevention?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #12786 2chains, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    hey guys, my no-till has been going great but three weeks flipping into my new flower tent I have powdery mildew on leaves. It's 5x5 tent with 33% rh and temps of 24c. Not sure where it came from but it's in my basement so maybe not enough fresh air? Is there any way to salvage the plants and what about keeping the soil? I've researched a few options not sure which way to go.
    20180820_170050.jpg 20180820_165958.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. @Chunk
    @jerry111165
    Hugelkultur really sparks my interest. What would your guys opinion on a indoor potted Hugelkultur/no till set up? I have a natural source of rotting logs that have drifted down rivers into the ocean then later wash ashore in my rather treeless neighborhood. I'm willing to give it a try for cannabis and veggie growing over the winter just havent find much material speaking of hugelkultur being used in pots

• Like Like x 2
  9. I always talked of trying it indoors but never did - a combo of working too many hours and lazy when I’m not - or the wife and three daughters or the old farmhouse always seem to have something more pressing.

It would certainly be worth a shot imo.

J

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'm not jerry or chuck but before you go all out do a test one. While i have no doubt that it would work, if the logs have been In salt water I would be worried about the amount of salt they would bring to the soil mix/plant.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Its what i worry of too. But on a positive note the ocean is chop full of so many minerals/elements through 3+bil years of erosion and runoff from land leading back to the ocean, the wood would(wood would lol) have had to soak up the good stuff too.. I'm tempted to try it out on my cannabis thats in need of a transplant. But on my next day off i'll get a pot set up and test it out with a basil plant first to see if its a yay or nay. Any tips and guidelines to getting it started? Or is it just as simple as bottom1/4 smashed up rotted wood, few inches of a nitrogen source on top, then fill the rest of the way with amended soil? Transplant and LIFTA to watch nature work its magic

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alfalfa is high in nitrogen so I would be mixing some of that in with the wood to facilitate the process. But otherwise it wouldn't be much different than making a full scale version outside. The main benifits being water retention and long term nutes as you know.

What size pots are you planning? If the pots are deep then the roots will take a bit to get down to the wood where it would be drawing up from the rotted wood. It'd really at that point that you would start to see any issues in terms of excess salt. So just be prepared to uproot and remove if it goes south on you. If you do go through with it please make sure you make good documentation as this is something that anyone in costal areas could utilize or not depending on the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I would get some of this stuff. It will change ph on ur leafs so it wont come back[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

14. @Yakattack90 Yes I did a few greencure sprays and a em1 one. But its been so shity outside I cant fight it anymore. The plants have stopped producing mostly anyways. Literally the last month every day is 70-80rh or raining such weird weather this year.

15. Here's a lil flower box I built in front of my shop. The bottom half was filled up w cottonwood logs and cannabis stalks. I planted the sunflowers really late so they wouldn't get too big. I really dig hugelkulture. I think it's the next logical step. I'd love to see someone try it indoors! IMG_20180821_114808042.jpg

Sent from my XT1609 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  16. You need a dehum.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Can treat PM/Boytrus/mold/bud rot with HorseTail Fern Tea.

It's been around for a long long time.

Handful of fresh or dried Horsetail fern into a quart mason jar.
    Top off mason jar with boiling water and let steep until cool
    strain into your sprayer of choice - 1 cup tea to gal or so filtered water.

spray with your normal IPM routine. Can add in your other ingredients along with the tea.

Foiler on....

IF your PM is down low just clip off those low hanging leaves and get a fan on your plants. Air movement is critical. Don't over water.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. @bobrown420 oh ya I know it not worth the effort outside for veggies to fight it. They were done for the season anyways. Plus it rained like every other day so it would be washed off fast thanks for the tip. Ive been meaning to grab some local horsefern just for that reason.

@ElRanchoDeluxe Im talking outside cant do anything about that. Its just on squash so whatever chopped it down few days ago

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey everyone, I thought I’d ask this here rather than make a new thread... is there a specific kind of SST we should use during flowering? I’ve been using a hard red wheat SST throughout veg because I haven’t been able to procure any barley yet. I vaguely remember reading elsewhere that corn SST is better for flowering... any truth to this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Corn and coconut water contain Cytokinin which promote cell division, branching and auxiliary bud production.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1