No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Nice man! I'd love to see you try a mini hugel! Since you're in a cab I understand the pond liner now.

Maybe you could tack the pond liner nice and flush to the interior of the cab. Then tack 1"x4" to that creating a bottom and top rail. Attach the landscape fabric to the protruding rails. Should help with airflow without giving up much space.
    I'd love to hear how it goes for ya!
    RD

2. My outdoor grow room is 85.5 F /53% RH - uncharacteristic but we'll take it!
    Nothing grows in the dirt we have, but somehow that pumpkin sprouted out of nowhere - thing is spreading out like an octopus. Its improving the soil around it. Made me think of the corn, bean, squash combo (Other Sisters). Has anyone here grown squash as a ground cover companion plant for canna?
    garden8.15.18.jpeg

C-99 (Female Seeds)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hey question fellow growers can I grow a Aloe Vera pant in the grow tent with my ladies? I have enough room in between my plant to have a pretty large plant in between then on the floor under the canvas. I will start with a 4-5 in plant but figure it would thrive in the tent with my plants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve had aloe thrive in the kitchen window, shouldn’t have a problem in a grow tent. Plus some easy access when ya need it!

The true test: my first no-till.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I grow 'Giant' aloe plants in my grow room. They love it. I use 1 part used soil, 1 part perlite for a soil mix. Use a heavy pot, or weight it down with lava rock to prevent tipping over when the grow up. I water them constantly, not the once a month they 'need', and they grow fast and big and healthy.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  6. Is there any specific type of Aloe plant you want? There's many species and I've heard the best for medicinal purposes is the Aloe Vera Barbadensis Miller Stockton. I just picked up two at the nursery but they aren't Barbadensis.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I plan on getting a barbadensis I heard good thing about them also.

8. Thanks for the info I’m def going to pick one up today and put it in my tent I figure they would flourish inside the tent.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Where are you getting one If I may ask? I've been looking for awhile and can't find any

10. anyone know where to get good coconut powder cheap?

11. Horsetail fern - can make a tea - few handfuls into quart mason jar add boiling water.

Let cool to room temp.

Add a cup of the tea to your IPM regimen and spray on.

This will solve your PM and bud rot issues. Suggest starting early in VEG and go thru into flower until you stop your IPM treatments should you decide to.

Rudolph Steiner used this for boytrus, blossom end rot and PM among other things. He actually used an animal horn in there somewhere too.... and a hokey pokey dance.

HT Fern tea does work for PM/bud rot for sure. I used to always get it this time of year. Heat and humidity suck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1

12. I’m not sure where you are located but around me I have homedepot and Lowe’s and several nurseries so it’s a bit easier. I also saw some on amazon a pack of 3 3 1/2 in plants for about $10-$15. I also thought about ordering seeds to grow my own so I know what has been put into the plant and it will be 100% organic. Seeds are cheap but take time plant are a bit more but have already developed but most cheap ones aren’t really going to produce much since they are so small.

13. Hey can anyone recommend a veg and flowering tea Iv lostt my notes on them and can’t find the person who helped me in the first place. Please give a recipe with measurement it would be very helpful I’m in my 1st, 2nd and 3nd week of veggies plants started at different times. Due to germination and a few seeds didn’t pop so I had to start fresh next time I will def germinate more then what is needed (I was trying to save money seeds are pretty expensive) plus I tried a new method and I wasn’t impressed I’ll still to cup soak 12 hours napkin/aluminum to hold heat and moisture. Pretty much 100% germination rate unless I put too much water in napkin. Well I only germinated about 15 seeds not like Iv done hundreds

14. This ^^^ 420%.

That is just silly advice from a so called expert. Temps and RH at that level is almost the dew point which we all know aint the best for flowers of any kind. Cannabis grows in a lot of different environments. To say one is the winner complete BS.

Maybe that speaker works for Monsanto/Bayer/Scotts and they have a GMO seed that is PM/Boytrus friendly as long as you use the accompanied "fertilizer" to go with. :(

• Like Like x 3
  15. Doesn't anyone use Monterey Garden Spray AKA Spinosad anymore?? It's organic and the only thing I've found that can be used on flowering plants with mites. Neem is pretty strong and leaves a residue behind... yes can wash off. Spinosad TCOs all the garden pests, cept your neighbor.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know some fellas in Cali have stopped using it because it shows up in tested flowers. I think a lot of growers are heading the predator insects route.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thats interesting since Spinosad is a bacteria and dies within a few minutes of light exposure.

How it works is the bacteria enter the exoskeleton of the insect and eat the insect from the inside out.

Using in an IPM regimen starting early in VEG 1x a week up to say 3-4 weeks in flower. Won't have any issues with mites. Spinosad not toxic to humans either.

California probably worried about the honey bees. If sprayed DIRECTLY on bees (that BTW don't pollinate or even land on cannabis) it CAN kill them. Bees don't hang around cannabis ever, just sayin. It's more for the other AG crops I'm thinking.

18. Yeah man, this is why Im not using it anymore. I only used it for thrips anyways.

• Like Like x 1

19. Yeah well I call bull shit on that whole testing deal. It's opening the door for companies like Monsanto to roll in and on all the local growers just like they did with corn.

Here's a good read on it:

Cannabis Pesticides Uproar - What you need to know.

It's ok to put 7000 different pesticides on tobacco but oohhhhh my god not a bacteria that has been deemed applicable in organic farming and labeled as such. Complete nonsense.

Our food is tested - the test paid for by taxpayers, in cannabis EVERY crop has to be tested (in certain states) and paid for by the grower (and consumer). More BS. Double standards handed down to put the farmers out of business so Big Ag and step in and save the day.

This is how the black market stays healthy and strong.
    It's about the economy .... just like politics.

If my dispensary sells Blue Dream for $25/gm and my local organic farmer sells it for $5/gm, whatcha gonna do?

Oh and my local organic farmer doesn't use chemical fertilizers.... are they testing for that stuff too... of course not. Why? Because corporations are making money selling it.

I call protectionist bullshit propaganda. Same as it ever was.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. I've heard the "it's just a bacteria" argument before.

Anthrax is just a bacteria. There are also flesh eating bacteria as well.

I've also seen plenty of bees when I was working a couple greenhouses in NorCal. All of us were stung at one point or another.
    Big business will eventually take over the cannabis market. They already have in some areas. I'm just going to be thankful for what I've been given and carry on hopefully build an organic homestead. I think there are many others like me and many more are becoming aware of the downfalls of the petro-chemical-ag business.
    RD

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3