No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Yeah adding lime flour is a good idea. I saw improvement with fussy plants once I added calcitic lime to my mofo mix.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. #12642 billlyblanks420, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    So as long as it's a flour consistency I can work it into the top layer of soil instead of waiting to mix it next round?
    Thanks again for your advice man, really wanted to get this under control before the flip.

Edit: Answered my own question. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. For top dressing like that, add 2Tbl/gallon of mix in the container (ie: 3 gallon pot, use 6Tbl), scratch it in and water well.

It's a bit slower than adding to the mix, but you'll get there, no worries.

Wet

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #12644 Wavy420, Jul 18, 2018
    When they say horsetail for a silica source do they mean the plant or actual hair from a horses tail? I thought they ment the animal until I seen a few videos and they were referring to the plant (which I never heard of before).

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The plant is the silica source.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. #12646 GSX-R420, Jul 18, 2018
    Hey guys can I topdress neem/kelp together at once rathing than making a tea? I'm following MOFO's watering schedule that started this thread.

Also, do any of you guys have any aloe vera plants? I just picked up two of them and got a few 5 gallon smart pots sitting around. Do you guys use the same soil you grow your weed in or do you slightly amend it? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes you can topdress neem and kelp same time, I actually do this often.

Aloe Vera like very well drained soil so add more aeration to bring it up to 50% should be ok.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I’m growing Aloe in my Canna soil mix. They are doing great! Have 2 growing with the Canna in a 200gal and the rest are in little pots in veg. I break off a few spears, blend them up, and use it all right away in a foliar spray or soil drench. [​IMG]

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 2
  9. Horsetail Fern. Its an invasive weed, but a great Dynamic accumulator. I pull up a truck load of the stuff every year out of the yard. Composts very well!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. WILBUUURR !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Unicorn horn does an amazing job too! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you Scoob! Always hitting me with some great info. Much appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  13. #12653 GSX-R420, Jul 18, 2018
    They're looking great! Would it be beneficial for me to mulch in a 5 gallon smart pot with a few worms? For the Aloe Vera of course haha. I ask this because I heard they don't like a ton of moisture?

14. Ok thanks a ton!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mulch and worms would only improve it. Found these guys growing in my 200gal, had buried them when I stared flower and thought they would compost, well, they didn’t, also survived being shadowed out by canopy for 8 weeks.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. having some issues with a couple of my plants getting these dark spots that turn orange.

I feed them tm-7 well big 6 actually about 4 days ago. Maybe I over did it?

This plant has it worse and also gets the most wind from the fan the lights were pretty close too. Its mostly on the top of the plant but I do see it a little in other spots too.

20180720_083949.jpg 20180720_083158.jpg 20180720_083138.jpg

Ive also been using tap water the last week as my ro was down for a bit.

17. Have you been using any foliars? what is big 6?

18. #12658 frankslan, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    No foiliars

Big 6 is like tm7 a fulvic acid with micro nutrients without iron i think.

It could be wind and very intense light there were two plants in front of them that i moved a few days ago. But usually windburn is just on the edges for me so idk but they are deffinerylt getting more light and wind last 5 days or so

19. #12659 GSX-R420, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Sorry off topic guys, but how do you guys store Neem oil? Should be coming in the mail today from Neemresource.com! Stoked!
    Edit: Came in a bottle nevermind! haha

20. Just store in a cool dark place

• Like Like x 1